13 %
    Dress 3 : (13 votes)
    9 %
    Dress 4 : (52 votes)
    36 %
  • Post # 4
    613 posts
    Busy bee

@SFBride1220:  Number 4 is SO PRETTY! I think it flatters your curves! Plus its so unique! I tried on #2 just this weekend I wanted to love it but just swallowed me up!

Post # 5
    209 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

I really love number 4, it’s so unusual. Number 1 is also quite flattering though.

Post # 6
    1437 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

That last one is gorgeous, unique, and so flattering. It is head and shoulders above the other ones you posted!

Post # 7
    Hostess
    10891 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

@SFBride1220: Welcome to the bee! I voted 1, the detail really suits your frame (not everyone could carry that off) 😉  Looks very pretty on you. Let us know when you decide on a dress.

Post # 8
    172 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

4 looks amazing on you and is so unique! But I also love the shape you have when you’re wearing dress #2.

Post # 9
    11001 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2009

I just wanted to say that you have a lovely figure — not apple-shaped at all — and that I think you will look great in a ball gown if that’s what you would love to wear. 

However, I suggest that you look for a drop-waist ballgown, because many of the natural-waist ball gowns have tons of gathers at the waist and a LOT of excess fabric, both of which add bulk to the wearer’s mid section and hips.  I always envisioned myself wearing a ball gown also, and I hated every single one that I tried on until I found a drop waisted ball gown that did not add bulk to my mid-section/hip region.

Post # 10
    3016 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2014 - Prague

#1 is gorgeous!

Post # 11
    730 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2014 - South Bonson Pier & Community Centre

@SFBride1220:  I voted three, but I don’t really like any of them (sorry!) – I like the silhouette of #1, but the knot/sash thing just throws me off. I think you could find something far more flattering for your beautiful figure.

Post # 13
    11772 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2013

#4 looks SO incredible on you!

Post # 14
    2595 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

@SFBride1220:  I love your admission about lurking, bahahaaha!

To be honest, I’m not loving any of the styles on you, though I like #4 the most.

#1 and #3 have features that seem to be adding bulk in the wrong places, to your waist and hip area. The other two are better as they’re more streamlined.

I’m an apple too – but much larger than you are – and I can tell you that while the silhouette of the dress is important on girls with our body shape, the structure and fabric of the dress are just as important.

I found that just about all of the floaty fabrics – tulle, organza, chiffon, lace – looked horrible on me unless the dress had a thick underlay providing structure to the dress. 

I feel that all of the dresses you picked are a little too floaty and you probably need something with a bit more structure. #4 is the best because it defines your waist nicely and it flows well over your hips, but it is still a little floaty for my tastes. I do however love the colour on you.

I agree with @Brielle that you need to be careful about natural waist ballgowns, but that doesn’t mean you can’t choose them at all. If you go with that silhouette I would look for something in satin or a heavier fabric so that it fits over your tummy and hips area smoothly without adding any extra bulk or floatiness. 

Post # 15
    1822 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013 - Pavilion overlooking golf course scenery, reception at banquet hall

I can’t decide between 2 and 3, but I guess I’m in the minority! I like dress 2’s style and neckline/sleeves, but 3 looks fantastic on your figure. I ultimately voted for 2 because with alterations it’ll probably look just as flattering 🙂

Post # 16
    317 posts
    Helper bee

#1 is by far my favorite, i think it looks fantastic. if you’re torn i think it comes down to a matter of your style and the style of your wedding. #1 is more glamorous/modern/edgy. #4 is a little more romantic.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors