Dress Regret — Alfred Angelo Style 214, Rapunzel — Help!

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
275 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@lanf5046:  I didn’t have an Alfred Angelo but I think your dress is beautiful! ESP with the sparkly sash! It’s elegant with a little sparkle- timeless and classy. I think you will be very happy when you see your wedding pics in that dress! 

Post # 4
Hostess
4941 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@lanf5046:  I didn’t wear that exact dress, but I wore something similar to it. Simple, rouched, mermaid fit. Honestly I wasn’t too terribly sure at first, but after seeing the pictures and having my dress on that day, I couldn’t have been more sure of my choice.

I know in 20 years when I look back on our wedding photos, I won’t have to explain to our kids that the reason my dress looked so different was because “that was the trend”. It’s simple, timeless, and elegant. Everything that I knew that I wanted to be as a Bride. 

Your dress is stunning and I KNOW you will look amazing in it!

Post # 5
1626 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

That dress is gorgeous, and the sash gives it a nice oomph. Sometimes I really think that less is more! Also, simple yet elegant would be a great term here. I feel like the dress that you fell in love with and felt great in is the dress for you, no matter what everyone else’s looks like. And besides, I sincerely doubt the people that love you are going to look at your dress and go, “Oh, how plain” they’re going to go, “Oh, my! You are sooo lovely!!! That dress is AMAZING!”

I just wish I had to bod to pull that style off 😉

Post # 6
1179 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I felt the same way about my dress, so I went out and bought a lot of blingy embelishments to add to it and I’m feeling way better about it.

Post # 8
808 posts
Busy bee

@lanf5046:  It’s a lovely dress! I often think that very attention grabbing dresses detract from the person (at least they did on me). I went for a very, very simple dress, and am going to bling it up with a badass necklace and head piece. The sash will look great, and with a bit of jewellery etc it’ll look perfect and not overwhelming 🙂

Post # 9
Hostess
4941 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@lanf5046:  They really do and thank you! And if you really feel like it’s TOO plain, then you can always get some statement earrings to go along with it. 

Post # 10
1904 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - TTC #2

I think with a headpiece, necklace/earrings and a coloured sash it’d be beautiful. I really LOVE this style of folded dress at the bottom (sorry I don’t know the correct term). So elegant!!

Post # 11
809 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2014 - Catal Restaurant

I didnt end up getting it because my wedding plans changed for the millionth time but here is a pic of me in it. I am a size 12. I loved how lightweight it was. Very easy to move in.

Post # 12
809 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2014 - Catal Restaurant

I think sometimes a plain dress really gives you a chance to stand out. My hair really popped with this dress but with another gown it would probably be too much. Now you get to play with accessories!!!!

Post # 14
6525 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

@lanf5046:  I think its simple but elegant. The sash is very pretty. Can you add some sparkle to the top?

Post # 16
Hostess
30313 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Your dress is gorgeous! I wouldn’t worry about a thing! 😀

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors