Dress Regret Help! Allure c200 or Alfred Angelo Cinderella

posted 3 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which Dress should I choose?
    Alfred Angelo Cinderella Ball Gown : (96 votes)
    87 %
    Allure c200 : (14 votes)
    13 %
  • Post # 3
    Hostess
    10902 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

@MissMishyMoo: Considering haven’t felt 100% sure in my dress choice’ can I suggest more searching?

Post # 4
    2087 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

I honestly think the ball gown looks stunning on you. It looks like it was made for you. Really beautiful!

Post # 5
    3959 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

@MissMishyMoo:    I wonder if you have tried any slim A line dresses?   Personally I  prefer the Allure over the ballgown – just wondering about a different silhouette.  🙂

Post # 6
    135 posts
    Blushing bee

@MissMishyMoo:  I didnt vote becuase I think they both look good on you. I like the second dress better (in general) but I think the first one looks better on you.

Post # 7
    113 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

Keep looking. I think maybe trying a different shape might be worth ago. Something more fitted than the poofy one but not as fitted as the mermaid dress.

Post # 8
    1491 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

The ballgown all the way!  You look like a princess in it, very whimsical and pretty!  🙂

I don’t like the mermaid dress on your body at all….nope nope.   The shape does nothing for your body, while the bodice and pretty skirt of the ballgown make you look ethereal and fits your body a lot better.   Plus the alterations on the 2nd dress would be sky high…. 

Post # 9
    3637 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2015

I don’t mean to be unhelpful, but I don’t think either of those dresses is your dress.

I do think that a ballgown might suit you best, but not that ballgown.

I’m sorry that this isn’t an easy answer. I don’t mean to make more work for you.

Post # 10
    385 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

Both are beautiful dresses but I don’t find either overly flattering on you… I think you could find something much nicer… 

I agree with one of the other bees that said a ball gown would be pretty… or an a line… I think a mermaid would be pretty too – maybe with some rouching like the Maggie Sottero Adore? 

Those two dresses just swallow you up and are too much for your frame… That’s all! 🙂 

Post # 11
    564 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

Yes to the ball gown!!!!

Post # 13
    901 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

I’m honestly surprised there are so many votes for the ball gown. I think it hides your shape. The Allure looks wonderful on you, it really accentuates your body. If you have time, I would keep looking. I’m obviously the minority, but the ball gown is not my favorite.

Post # 14
    227 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

@Everdeen:  

@Makemeamrs:  +1

I’m sorry, but I also don’t think either of those dresses is the right one for you. I think the C200 isn’t flattering on your body, and the cut where the skirt flares out hits your lower body too low. I am also not a fan of that specific ballgown. I do think a different silhouette such as an A-line would be a better fit. I’m so sorry for making it more difficult for you, but that is my honest opinion. Best of luck and keep us updated! 

Post # 15
    1110 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I don’t want to be even more discouraging, but I think you should try on some A-lines or something that’s in between the poofy ballgown and super-fitted mermaid.  The ballgown shape seems to suit you a bit better, but that particular ballgown is a bit over-the-top and kind of swallows you up… and I don’t feel like the mermaid flatters you very well.

You’re too beautiful to settle on a dress that you’re not 100% sure about… keep shopping, and you’ll find the one that REALLY shows off your beauty!!

Post # 16
    562 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

You look like a princess in the first one! Beautiful. I like the crown/veil too.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors