Dress Regret on Mori Lee 6761

posted 3 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Should I stick to my decision and keep this dress?
    Yes. Keep the dress! : (27 votes)
    45 %
    No. Get a new dress! : (33 votes)
    55 %
  • Post # 2
    5228 posts
    Bee Keeper

melissa03:  I think you look beautiful! Thst dress looks made for you, especially given that the dress you hve on hasn’t even been tailored to fit you yet! I think you should wait until your dress comes in and try it on again to see how you feel and go from there.

Post # 3
    1883 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

I think once its altered and taken in some it will make a world of difference. It’s already a lovely dress. It looks like you’re slouching a little in the photo too, so that can be giving you a negative impression as well.

Post # 4
    1119 posts
    Bumble bee

I don’t think that picture sells it well as it’s bad lighting and an odd angle so you’re not going to like looking at it as much as you did trying it on in person. I think it’s a lovely dress though. When will your dress be in for you to try on? Could you go back to the shop/a different one that stocks the dress and try it on again? I don;t think you need to rush out and buy a new one but you just need to have it on again to remember why you loved it to start with.

Post # 5
    743 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2014 - Our Backyard/Steakhouse

melissa03:  I have the mori lee 6763 (a-line version) and trust me, you will love it in person.  It’s so lightweight, flowy and romantic.  Pictures on a cell phone never do a dress justice…just think about how you felt when you were wearing it.  You LOVED it.

That’s the true test.

Post # 6
    405 posts
    Helper bee

Go to a bridal salon and try it on again (do not try on other dresses just yet).  Use different accessories and see how you feel in it.

Post # 7
    1230 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2015

1. Can you afford/have time to restart dress shopping?

2. How did you feel the first time you put on the dress? Where there many dresses you tried on?

That being said, you are very pretty and it looks pretty on. But for my liking, it’s a little too…. underwhelming. Answer those first two questions and then see how you feel.

Post # 12
    1136 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2015

melissa03: Once it is altered to fit you perfectly you’ll feel much better about it! and just a little tip if you want a more obvious trumpet look you can wear a hoop underneath and it will make the bottom flare out a little more 🙂

Post # 13
    86 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2014 - The Defoor Centre

Personally for me, I think that younger women should not get married in lace.  I just feel that lace is for a much older group.

Post # 14
    6 posts
    Newbee

I think you look grt! I was second guessing my dress too and went bck to the store to try a few more. After trying many other dresses, I tried mine once again and I realized that I had already made the best choice! It was a grt relief because I didnt have to deal with selling my original dress. I think you should try your dress again to remind yourself why you thought it was the one 🙂

Post # 15
    17 posts
    Newbee

Love this dress! Looks great! Keep it. You will be beautiful! Don’t stress out about it. You loved it when you bought it. 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors