Dresses under 1,500 within 4 months

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1491 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Try bridepower.com   They sell SAMPLE dresses, so you have to be ok with that, but they have a LOT in the $1500 and under category.  You have to fit into general sample sizes, but its worth a shot.   Plus they ship!  

Let me see if I can find any dresses that fit your look….

Post # 4
295 posts
Helper bee

Groupon right now has wedding dresses for under $200 that actually looks really nice

Post # 5
1193 posts
Bumble bee

You can usually shop at any bridal shop that sells samples. There are also some designers that can “rush” orders. I think my store told me they could order Enzoani as a rush – I ended up buying a sample though.

Post # 7
774 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Dalhousie Castle

Option 1 is a sample gown. These have obviously been tried on by other people and are discounted because they have some wear. You need to be the same or a smaller size than the samples for them to work out well. It’s much easier to take a dress in that to build extra panels in to let it out. In my experience most samples were a size 12. I bought a sample dress, I could not have afforded to buy it new and had it altered from a 12 to a 6. 

Option 2 is a preowned gown. There are consignment stores, website and places like ebay where you might find a preowned dress. Again you need to be the same size or smaller than the gown you buy and probably need to check it’s condition carefully before finalizing any purchase. 

Both of these might let you get a designer gown that was orginally priced at a lot more than 1500, if that’s what you want. 

Option 3 is to talk to the bridal stores and see if they have any kind of rush ordering system. They will probably charge you for the privilage but it might be worth it if you find a dress you love. 

Post # 9
1849 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@waitingforthering2:  GROUPON! Kirstie Kelly dresses for $175.  And they’re really pretty dresses.

Post # 10
Hostess
2920 posts
Sugar bee

Preownedweddingdresses.com  that’s where i got mine from in 10 days

Post # 11
1441 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@waitingforthering2:  Not sure where you live, but bridepower.com has a brick and mortar site in MA that definitely has samples that would fit a variety of sizes.  You can order online also but obviously it’s harder to guess a bridal size without trying on dresses since they are so different from regular sizes.

Post # 12
1083 posts
Bumble bee

Bestbridalprices.com also has many dresses in stock that can be shipped almost immediately. I haven’t ever ordered from them but I remember looking up reviews on them when I first found them and I remember them being positive.

http://www.bestbridalprices.com/in-stock-dresses-c61

Post # 14
444 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Ebay, my friend. Search for high end designers and you will be suprised what little treasures you can find. I am always shocked more people don’t buy off there.

Post # 16
126 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

Most designers have rush options. Stella York does, Maggie has priority gowns in stock… Just get to shopping like yesterday. And realize you are going to need to make a decision the same day you shop. No think on it for a few weeks….

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors