Dresses under $250???

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
Hostess
15072 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I got the long one for $100 are a local sample store and the short one at Wedding Shoppe in Minneapolis for $250.

Post # 4
473 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@LincsMama:  There are a bunch of wedding dress sites that cater to any budget! All custom sizes and gorgeous.  Just Google ‘Cheap wedding dress’ and there is site after site of great dresses! I have ordered mine from Aliexpress.com.. gorgeous full lace dress for only $130! 

Post # 7
473 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@LincsMama:  When they custom size it, they ask for every measurement, including length from shoulder to floor including heel height… so they really do cater to all sizes! 

Perhaps you could go into some normal bridal stores, and try on a few different styles to see which one best suits you, and then go looking for the same/similar style on the cheapy stores online. Then at least you know it should suit you, especially when it’s made exactly to your measurements! I guess also, if you can get a cheap dress and it doesn’t quite fit right, you have a little bit more in your budget to have it altered? 

Post # 8
Hostess
15072 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@LincsMama:  they have a great website that you can look at while your waiting. You can narrow by price and they have a ton in that range. 

Post # 9
4382 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I found this Alfred Angelo dress at a sample sale at a bridal salon. I ended up wearing something else but then I sold it at a bridal show  for $225 no tax. 

Post # 10
432 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Mine counts! I paid 250 exactly, from ebay. Although I think that the alterations will probably cost as much as the dress. It’s an old J.Crew dress I fell in love with, took ages to find one, but nothing else measured up. It’s pinned, but not altered in the photo.

Post # 11
666 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

If you really want to try it on, then you could try David’s Bridal.  They usually have some $99 and $199 gowns.  I think its hit or miss as to what they have and in what sizes, but you might get lucky.

You might try other bridal salons for clearance gowns also, one of the shops that I went to I tried on a dress that was around $200 or $250 on clearance.  I actually liked it, but ended up finding one I liked better at that salon.

You might also consider a bridesmaid dress that comes in white or ivory.  You can often get those at the $150-$200 mark.

Post # 12
welliesMember
1425 posts
Bumble bee

I bought my dress for $25 at JCPenney:

Post # 13
8903 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

I felt the same way.  I got my dress from Macy’s for $120.  I would definitely recommend looking at department store websites (Nordstrom’s, Sak’s, JC Penney, Macy’s, etc) in the evening gown section.  David’s Bridal and used wedding dress sites often have dresses under $250.

Post # 14
800 posts
Busy bee

@LincsMama: If you’re going to make a trip to Minneapolis, drop by the Brides for Breast Cancer sale there on March 1-2nd! The gowns start at $99. Laughing 

I know you said you were scared of buying online, but take a look at simplybridal.com – they’re an affordable dress company with showrooms in NYC and LA. For $19.95, you can select 2 dresses for them to ship to you and try on. When you ship the dresses back (prepaid shipping label included), you get the $19.95 back as credit to go toward your next purchase Smile They have plenty of dresses under $250.

It’s also worth checking out department stores, you might be able to find some wedding gowns, or evening gowns on sale/clearance there. Adrianna Papell, Aidan Mattox, and Sue Wong make lovely formal wear that can also serve as bridal gowns.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors