Help Needed! Dressilyme – Ordering Alfred Angelo 207 replica!!!!

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

Make sure to measure 2-3 times just in case to make sure the measurements are right.  When meaureing make sure to also wear shoes that are the same height that you plan to wear on your wedding day.  It sounds simple but also make sure to wear the undergraments you plan to wear on your wedding day when you measure so there is room for them under the dress.  It’s easy to have a dress taken in but letting it out can damage the dress (or there may not be enough material to let it out.)

I ordered a custom size from Dressilyme and it fit perfectly, no alterations needed.

Post # 3
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2015

heyletsdothis:  Beautiful dress!! Let us all know how you like the dress once it comes in. I am thinking of ordering from Dressilyme as well. My wedding is not until June 2015 so i still have some time to narrow down my dress choice!

Post # 6
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

heyletsdothis:  Nope, simple chiffon gown but it was based on an Alfred Angelo. I don’t have a pic with my face blotted out though.

Post # 7
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Heyletsdothis- I also ordered a custom size from Dressilyme and it fits great. No pricey alterations needed. I agree, check your measurements several times and wear your exact shoes and bra if possible. 

Also, if you have the option, go for a corset lace up back (or ask for it if you like the idea). The corset allows for so much flexibility in the fit, a zipper back is much less forgiving and you should expect to need alterations with a zipper back, to give you the perfect fit. 

Best of luck to you!

Post # 8
115 posts
Blushing bee

I ordered two dresses from Dressilyme… the second one just because the first one was such a disappointment (the lace they used was just ridiculously ugly, even my grandmother’s curtains have better lace). The second one was fine (very simply tulle dress, no beading, no lace etc) but it surprised me that despite that I used the same measuremens (and actually gave a 0.5 inch smaller bust and waist measurement for hte second dress), the second dress is a lot bigger than the first one. Now this doesn’t matter because of the lace up in the back but in my second dress the lace up is A LOT narrower when it’s all done. Secondly, the structure in my second dress is so much better, it’s a lot much structured and I can easily wear it without a bra but I definitely couldn’t have done this with the first dress. Even the modesty panel in the second dress looks a lot better (who would have thought something like that could look better?).

It’s just made me think that Dressilyme is a hit and miss. Based on my experiences it is very obvious that they have better and not-so-good seamstresses.

Other words of warning:<br />- they promised me photos in writing but then refused to sent any<br />- with the first dress, they sent me a sash clearly in a wrong color – they would only give me $10 voucher, like that would help anything! I fought with them and as a result they promised to give me photos of the second dress but after asking for them when it was being processed, they said they most definitely can’t give photos because they’re so busy.

All in all, I am quite happy with my second dress but I just wanted to say that be very clear with what you want and also don’t have too high expectations, especially regarding the beading etc.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors