- 3 years ago
- Wedding: February 2015
So as the title suggests, I dropped out of my future SIL’s wedding. She asked me to be her bridesmaid 2 years ago or so. I was pregnant when she asked. We’ve never really been close, but she was supposed to help throw my baby shower so I agreed to be in her wedding. Since agreeing she has been horrible.
- She backed out of helping with my baby shower when it came time to actually start paying for things.
- She purposely planned Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner with my Fiance’s family for times when I had to work. Even after I told her my work schedule.
- She waited until I gave birth to my son to have her son’s birthday party becuase she didn’t want her 9 year old to “feel left out when his cousin was born.” (Which was over a month after her son’s actual birthday.)
- She came to my son’s first birthday party and didn’t even bring a card – and her son recieved a thank you gift for coming.
- She told me that she thought I would have lost the baby weight by the time she was getting married.. and brought pictures of when I was skinny to a family dinner.
- She “forgot” to call me to tell me she’d be over an hour late picking me up for a dress shopping day. (everyone was carpooling together)
- She told me to take off of work because she planned a day for her bridesmaids to help her with some wedding things – I ended up sitting around waiting to hear from her because I couldn’t get ahold of her and didn’t know where everything was happening or what time.
- When I asked her about a bridesmaid budget, she said I should have been saving for the past three years. (Since I found out that she was engaged.)
- When she found out that we’d both be getting married in the same year, (I’m getting married on my 10 year anniverary and she pushed her wedding back a year) she called her mom and said my wedding was ruining hers.
- She ruined a gift surprise that I planned with her sister for their mom because she ended up not being able to attend the dinner. She called and told her mom the gift we had bought her before the dinner started.
She ignores my texts, doen’t answer my phone calls, and gets mad because I ask her mom and sister for details about the wedding. I got so fed up that I finally just told her that she should ask someone she actually liked to be her bridesmaid. To which she responded that I was blowing everything out of proportion and that I should have tried talking to her. That I didn’t put any effort into our realtionship and she was hurt that I am closer to her sister than her. She doesn’t like that her sister talks to me more reguarlly then they talk to each other. She text me using a bunch of words in all caps, exclamation points, and swear words. She has almost an entire year before her wedding, which is more than enough time to replace me.
And her response is exactly why we aren’t friends. I was completely calm when I told her that I didn’t think I should be in her wedding, that she should have someone taht she considers a friend. And she responds by being a bitch and then telling me to not to respond back to her. I’m 27 and she is 31. I don’t like to hang out with people who act like they’re still in high school. At this point I don’t want anything to do with her. My fiance is pissed at her for her actions this past couple years. Her sister and mom are stressed out about her wedding because she’s not keeping them in the loop about things.
I’m so glad I’m not a part of her wedding party anymore. I don’t even care if we don’t get invited to her wedding.