Post # 1
I need some help! I’m planning my wedding for next fall..and I could really usesome help of someone who got married there..I was thinking about a beach ceremony and a reception at a rental house (the wedding will be pretty small with family and close friends only..around 30 people or so?) so I thought in renting a huge house to have the guests and having the reception afterwards..so this is doable right? I really hope someone did the same so I can see some light! Thanks!
Post # 3
This is totally doable. While I did not go this route, I am getting married in NW Fl region (Navarre for me).
1) Renting out those beach houses are a HUGE drain on your wedding budget. The cheapest one I found was 3-500 a night with a three night minimum and that was NOT in Destin or Panama City. You can find some catering halls, local Elks/American Legion/VFW halls, resturants that offer less expensive prices for the same area. Also, while you are thinking of the house and renting it, who will stay where? Will you stay there on your honeymoon night? WIll the In laws? The bridal party? Who will pay for it?
2) Think about Pensacola, Navarre, or Ft. Walton Beach as an option instead to save some money. They still have the beautiful white sand beaches without the price tag attached to Destin or Panama City.
3) If you want a wedding planner, there are a few in the area that are very resonable! Search the Yellow Pages (there i one that I loved called Rouge Events). If not, also doable, some companies advertising “you need insurance to have decorations on the beach so we take care of that” are lying, at least in Santa Rosa Co. but I am not sure about Okaloosa, Walton, or Escambia.
4) November in that area of FL is cold. Right now they are averaging 65-70 during the day. It is also windy on the beach, so it will be even more chilly.
5) If you decide to go with a beach wedding planner, then be aware that most of them only plan the ceremony. Although they often include the photographer.
6) If you want photography quptes, I have a bunch of them that I recetly got by advertising for them on craigslist. I would be more than happy to send you the excel list I have of them.
My email is cassidy henry at att dot [net] if you so wish or have any other questions.