Post # 1
Ugh, I can’t handle this right now. I mentioned yesterday that I missed my period last month (tiny bit of spotting before period time though), and this month my period is 2 days late..and may not come. Tests have ruled out pregnancy. I’m on Loestrin 24Fe, so my periods have always been short and light but they usually don’t skip entirely.
I was originally worried about ovarian cancer but now I’m worried about early menopause. Women in my family usually dont go through menopause till age 60 but maybe I’m the unlucky one. I’m scheduling a gyno appointment tomorrow, but I can’t stop crying and I might need to leave work early. If I am going through early menopause my life will be over, I’m pretty sure of it.
I don’t even want to have kids that badly, but i don’t think i could handle becoming so unattractive so early in life. Is it true you start growing facial hair, you start gaining all your weight in your midsection, your skin gets wrinkly and you stop wanting to have sex? i can’t live my entire life like this. My life would basically be over! I can’t even think about it without crying.
Has anyone actually been diagnosed with this and is it as bad as I’m expecting? I don’t have any other symptoms- would I be expeirencing other symptoms if this were the case?
Post # 3
@pictureaccount: Slow down, take a breath, stop jumping to the worst (and unlikely) conclusion that you can imagine. You’re going to the doctor tomorrow and you’ll have a much better idea about what’s going on at that point.
Post # 4
@fascinated: Ah lol it’s so hard!! I hear this happens to 1% of women so really it’s NOT that uncommon! I just wish there was a way to rule it out 🙁
Post # 5
I think you’re putting the cart before the horse. Just wait and see what the doctor says.
Worrying about the unknown is unproductive.
Post # 6
@pictureaccount: Yes, I agree that 1% is not exactly rare, but chances are 99% that it’s not you, and those are pretty good odds in your favor.
Post # 7
@MrsWBS: Even if I do have early menopause I suppose it’s not the end of the world but if my body is ruined, it really is. I work very hard on my body and if it looks like crap for the remainder of my life there is no hope.
Post # 8
All of this stress you are causing yourself over extremely unlikely illnesses is probably causing your periods to be late! I think it might benifit you to seek some counseling about this. You’re going to worry yourself to death.
Post # 9
Oh my goodness, honey, try to calm down! Breathe. It could be stress-related or any number of things. Just see what the doctor has to say. I know it’s hard, because I’m the type to freak out an assume the worst sometimes, too. Good luck. (And stay off WebMD and other medical sites! They’ll convince you that you have the plague when it’s a common cold.)
Post # 10
I stopped having periods for almost a year as a teenager. Doctors gave me hormones and my cycle started again. There was no reason for it, and nothing wrong. Even as an adult, I would occasionally skip periods. I wouldn’t worry about it too much.
Post # 11
I highly doubt you’re having early menopause. Have you researched side effects of LoEstrin Fe? MANY women lose their period entirely when on this pill. If you were having early menopause you would likely have many other symptoms(hot flashes, vaginal dryness, etc).
Post # 12
@Soon_To_Be_Mrs_T: Yeah I’m not having any other symptoms (only night sweats but I’ve always gotten that- basically, nothing new!) So maybe it’s not…I just hope that if it is, I can t least keep my shape.
Post # 13
If you’re in early menopause (which I highly, highly doubt), your doctor would be able to prescribe you supplemental synthetic hormones which should alleviate some of the things you’re worried about.
You’re on the pill which means you don’t ovulate. Your “period” on the pill isn’t really a period — it’s bleeding resulting from the birth control hormones leaving your system. It has nothing to do with fertility or menopause. I wouldn’t worry until you talk to your doctor.
Post # 14
You are not in early menopause. Well maybe there is like a .00001% chance you are but you’re not.
Don’t worry. You will still be hot for the foreseeable future.
Post # 15
I can’t believe only one person has mentioned this before, we really do need to educate ourselves more on our bodies:
when you’re taking the pill, you don’t have a period. You have bleeding, but it is not a period. You don’t ovulate and your uterus doesn’t build up lining that needs to be expelled.
have you even read the box of your pills?
spotting as opposed to bleeding and missed “periods” are completely normal
Post # 16
I skip periods every so often due to stress and my body doing its own thing. A tip: bodies don’t actually adhere to our social calendars… I am never regular on a speciic date. Sometimes I get mine 28 days, other times I get them 6 weeks after the last. It’s how it is. But, it’s worth getting checked out to put your mind at rest.