Post # 1
Due to weather, logistical, and family concerns, we decided to elope…. next weekend! Oregon coast wedding, here we come!
Here’s what we/I have under control (amazing what you can get done in a week!):
– dress is getting altered (complete with a last minute dress change; bought the dress yesterday and dropped it off for alterations today!), lingerie is purchased
– wedding band acquired (FI still isn’t sure he wants to wear one, but that can be last minute)
– marriage license info obtained (no waiting period with a $10 fee), checked with the CPA to make sure we weren’t going to get any nasty tax surprises, and got the clear from close friends/chosen-family
– lodging obtained, and two possible ceremony locations picked out
– hair freshly cut and colored and make-up is picked out
– text alerts set up in case the stupid American Airlines strike cancels my flight to Oregon (boo!)
We still need to figure out:
– what FI will wear
– officiant and photographer (if any)
I’ll probably just do a small bouquet of fresh flowers from a grocery store, so no worries there. Maybe a small cake w/ champagne for after?
Any thing else we need to be thinking about?
Post # 3
I think it sounds great!! I have read about some photographers who do special “elopement packages” that are significantly less expensive – you might be able to hire someone last minute!
Post # 4
I’d probably start working on the officiant, just in case they all go out of town for the weekend!
Do you know what you’re looking for with your vows? With you write any yoursevles? Often officiants will have some scripts you can select and modify.
I’d go for cupcakes! After taking our elopement wedding cake with us on our road trip, we realized we didn’t have a knife or plates, so we just picked away at it with the lone plastic fork I put in the food box. Cupcakes would be much more convenient.
Post # 5
Just wanted to say congrats! That sounds like a beautiful way to get married!
Post # 6
I think you have everything covered!
Just be sure you have logistics figured out. If you want to drive to the site together or not, and whether your cake/cupcakes and champagne is going to be waiting at your loging place. If you tell them it’s your wedding, they might be willing to set up the room with your food and all that waiting for you when you get back. I think a picnic set up somewhere with your goodies would be fun, but what do I know!
I’d encorage you to get pictures, just because they are great down the road when you can pull them out and remember your wedding getaway/elopement.
Congrats and good luck!
Post # 7
Thanks everyone! I love the picnic idea, and I’ve put out feelers to a couple photogs. I am so excited, I can hardly stand it 🙂
Post # 8
Sounds fabulous! I have to say I’m super jealous 😉