- 6 years ago
- Wedding: October 2012
I’m planning on sending an email STD to the approximately 150 families/couples/individual+guests we’re inviting. I’m debating how to email it out. Can you help me out?
1. A mass BCC email to at least one person in the group (that is, in each family/couple/individual+guest). If I do this it will save a lot of time, but each group may not automatically assume that their SO or kids are also invited, causing confusion. We do plan to allow all minor children to attend and +1s, but they wouldnt know this unless they asked until the formal invitation arrives in their mailbox.
2. Individual emails addressed to each group (John and Jane Doe or The Smith Family or Bill Moore) but sent to only 1 person in that group unless we have other email addresses for the other people in that group who we can copy.
3. Individual emails addressed to each group, like option 2, but also specifying that that individuals are allowed a +1 (Bill Moore and Guest). This option seems kind of awkward to email certain older single relatives, but helpful for Out of Town single friends.
4. Mix of options 2 and 3: include +1s in email STD for friends but not older single relatives – let them wait until they see it in the actual invitation, I doubt they’d bring anyone if they come anyway. In other words, include the +1 now on a case by case basis.
4. Other Ideas? Post below please!