- 8 years ago
- Wedding: May 2010
Ok sooo I had posted before about my Fiance dad leaving him stranded for school & giving him 1 week to come up with $1000 for his bills otherwise my Fiance would be homeless. So we freaked out & was given advice on here to take out a personal loan. It was a great idea cause there was no other way to pay off everything & I didn’t want him homeless & leaving school. The only bad thing about that is we’d go $6k in debt & my car would be colladeral so if something happened, I loose my car. I was totally willing to do this but then things changed…
THEN a few days ago, my Fiance dad says he’s gonna give him the money he needs to cover most of March. But that’s still not enough to get him thru the rest of the year. I was very very thankful his dad offered that. I decided I had a few weeks to see what other options I had, maybe get a line of credit, check other banks… but still sad about my car being colladeral. Still not wanting to get the loan, but its the only way.
THEN this morning, the dad says he’s gonna give him the money to cover April as well, but most definately not May. Which is practically a miracle because we may not have to take out the loan now at all! We’re gonna barely scrape by, that means I can’t even spend $5 extra or we may be in trouble. I don’t mind budgeting, but wow its gonna be tough, especially with a wedding in 3 months.
I know I should be super happy that his dad is gonna come thru. Instead, I’m sooo frustrated!! It has caused my Fiance & I so much stress, we started arguing about money, we’ve probably cried more the past few days than the entire year. I’m still worried the dad will change his mind again & not give him the extra money & things will be worse again. I almost feel sick, I can’t focus, I can’t eat much (except chocolate), can’t sleep well either. My Fiance is really stressed & knows it will be hard & we might have to put some wedding things & his school on a credit card. Fiance really wants us to get a loan instead so we don’t stress out as much. I don’t want to thou, its my car & my credit that’s affected. But Fiance will get a job (guaranteed starting June) & can get an extra job on top of that after the summer, so will pay it all off in around a year, but money will be tight for awhile. I don’t want to get the loan cause I’d have to pay for it now & we may not even need it. I really don’t want to put my car up as colladeral unless I really have to!
I’m going crazy, I tell ya. I’m applying for a house loan cause then I’d get enough to cover all the wedding & his schooling & then have some $$ leftover. I’ll know by the end of the day about the house. But Fiance & I are stressin each other out & we’re long distance. & I don’t want to be mad at his dad, but I’m so frustrated with him right now!