(Closed) eng163a Moissanite Round Brilliant Halo. Need Size Help!!

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 4
1849 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

If you’re both students and you don’t want people to “wonder”, I’d go with the smaller size. I have a 7 mm moissy center with a halo from moissaniteco, and I’ve gotten comments that it’s a “rock” and “what does he do??” I’m also a college student, but FI is an engineer, so it’s plausible I could have a diamond of that size, though I happily tell anyone that it’s a moissanite. I guess it depends on whether you want people to think it’s a diamond or not (please no one start a debate on this, there are already several threads raging on about it!). 

ETA: picture to help you out: I have a size 5 finger and the ring is eng732

Post # 5
3243 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

My ring is a similar style from ashadiamonds.com.  This will help you get the idea although I have a 1.5 cushion but cushions face up much smaller than a round.

Post # 6
3243 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Double post.

Post # 8
1849 posts
Buzzing bee

@jenai814:  I just edited to add a picture! 

Post # 11
1849 posts
Buzzing bee

@jenai814:  Thanks! I do think it’s just the perfect size for me, but every once in a while I get self conscious when I realize I don’t see anything as big around me, even on women who’ve been married for a while and make good salaries. 

Post # 12
1382 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

My friend has a beautiful round 1 ct diamond on her size 5 finger and I think it’s beautiful and nicely-sized for her finger.  It’s definitely modest, IMO.. so getting a halo around it really wouldn’t be “too much” 🙂  If you’re concerned with people questioning you, the 1 ct would still be really beautiful!

Post # 13
3028 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

That ring is beautiful.  The size difference between a 1 and 1.25 is only 1mm, when debating what size to pick, I cut out the comparable center stone size from the chart  http://www.moissaniteco.com/download/Moissanite-Comparison.pdf and took some pictures.  1mm is tiny, so for me w/ a size 5 finger I would prob go larger since ppl say rings “shrink,” and personally I wouldn’t upgrade later on. I vote 1.25ctw.  

The topic ‘eng163a Moissanite Round Brilliant Halo. Need Size Help!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors