- 5 years ago
- Wedding: January 2013
Okay so FI and I have been engaged for several months, I got all my materials needed to plan, list, task etc etc. The difficult thing is FI is military, he is a high ranking, who has a job that requires him to travel several times a month to different installations and such and now with the presidential elections he is on stand by to offer support to POTUS for the upcoming debates and travel. I knew all of this when FI and I got engaged and its never been a problem. NOW ITS A PROBLEM!!!
1. Because of his schedule changing weekly and sometimes daily we never know when or where he might be in any given month.
2. Cant set a new date because the army keeps moving around his schedule and unless he takes leave (which he can do if there isnt a priority mission coming up) except there is always a priority mission coming up. He asked Chain of Command and they cant even agree on him taking leave next week let alone next year.
3. I wanted a spring wedding but now due to him being out of town that month our previous date of april 2013 isnt going to work. I really need to change that on my profile now.
4. FI’s friend and his new wife suggested doing what they did, marry on the sly and then after thing are settled down plan a wedding and reception. Thats great for them because he was deploying but I dont want to run down to the court house and get married and then plan at my leisure, whats the point.
5. I told my mom that we were going to have to postpone due to scheduling thinking she would understand since my dad was military and crap happens, instead she says we should just keep our original date, which means im at the altar by myself, and just run to the courthouse and then have dinner later.
6. When I married the first time i never got a real wedding and FI wants me to have the wedding of my dreams. He is leaving it up to me however he did mention the possibility of going to the courthouse and then doing something later on.
7. I just know if I get married at the courthouse that we will never get around to planning a wedding because his schedule is always busy.
Yes Im whining and complaining and I know I should just be grateful that I get to marry him and I am but I have never had a nice wedding. I wanted a small 40 person wedding and thats it. Nothing spectacular just our closest family and friends.
Bees do you all have any suggestion as to where I start?