Post # 1
I’m looking for any advice you have! I have no idea what I am doing here! I have never had professional photos taken of me, other than school pictures…yikes! We are getting them done on the beach where he proposed. We are a light hearted, fun couple. Looking for cute, unique ideas!…and what should I wear???
Post # 3
- Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo
Just relax! Your photographer will probably just want you guys to be yourselves… laughing smiling and enjoying your time together. You can always go on wedding blogs or pinterest and look for some cute poses or potential props you can use in your potos… like on the beach maybe a towel and umbrella setup?
As for what you can wear, the trend seems to go toward more casual clothes.. I’d recommend a cute skirt or dress instead of jeans on the beach!
Post # 5
We did both a casual look, as well as a more dressed up look. I agree to just relax. We had also never had professional photos done and at first we were a bit stiff, but chances are your photographer does tons of these shoots and will make it quite painless. We ended up taking photos for almost 2 hours and it didn’t feel like that at all because we were having a great time.
Post # 6
Here is what I learned (from the always helpful hive and my experience):
- Take photos beforehand in the outfits you are thinking of wearing. I am SO glad I did this!! It is one thing when you look in the mirror and another when you have a photo taken. I ended up trying on several outfits before I was happy with what I picked (a skirt and top, and jeans and a cute top).
- Give yourself plenty of time to get ready that day. We had a morning photo shoot so I got up extra early so I wouldn’t feel rushed with doing my hair and makeup.
- If you happen to have a hair tie along, make sure you take it off your wrist for photos!
- Bring a hairbrush, small mirror and lipstick and check periodically to see if you need to freshen up.
- I brought a big bag with my makeup and a change of clothes and it was a pain because we wandered around a large area and we had to haul the bag around. If I did another photo shoot like that, I would bring a small bag and leave the rest in my car.
- Have fun with it! My fiancé hates having his picture taken but he got really into it and we laughed a ton! It ended up being a blast.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!!
Post # 7
Thanks so much! Love the idea of taking a photo of outfits before the shoot! Great advice 🙂