(Closed) Engagement rings under $2000

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
449 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Not sure if this helps but my FI got mine from Zales for about $850 on sale. Here it is: 

Post # 4
1992 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

My FI and I shopped together through the process both IN-store and online.

I think you should GO to stores and find your size and what size stone you like and design that looks great on your finger & etc and then find that stone weight & size online to save you $.

For both my ering and wedding band, I found jewellers on eBay selling what I wanted for under $2k… They weren’t a set but I shopped around enough to know what I liked.

I didn’t buy them together but I REALLY wish I would have… buying your ering and wedding band separate can be a hassle if you have a unique shaped stone (oval in my case) or intricate setting (mine bows out a bit so different bands wouldn’t sit right against my e-ring.

I’d recommend looking at wedding sets on ebay because genuine jewellers list settings on there all the time at fantastic prices with great return policies if you don’t like what you get.

I loved all the money I saved! hehe

Post # 5
3553 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Mine was under $2000, though it would not have been if we had gone the diamond route. I got a nice high quality sapphire for under $400, and a designer palladium setting for around $1400. If you want a nice ring for your budget I’d suggest going for a gemstone. If you want a colorless stone there are a lot of good options out there like white sapphire, moissanite, asha ect.

Post # 7
2759 posts
Sugar bee

You should check out Moissanite Co! Moissanite is a lab-created stone based off of a white gem found in an asteroid that crashed to earth a while ago. It’s beautiful, similar in colour to diamond except it has more fire, and a LOT cheaper. You can find some absolutely gorgeous rings for super cheap on their site!

Post # 8
1722 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I got mine from Zales for $500, way under your budget but I just wanted you to see that you can still get an amazing ring on a budget 🙂  Just shop around and you’ll find something you love

Post # 9
553 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@Suleyka:  We bought mine at an antique jewelry dealer. It’s a .55 carat hand cut diamond with .5 worth of diamonds (9) around it…set him back $1500..oh, and it’s set in platinum too. The name of the store is Bardy’s and they are located in Greensboro, NC. We don’t live in NC and he had it shipped to him. We did get to see it in person because we drove to NC from VA. They also have a “sale” section when they have an estate piece for over a year. They have been around a really long time and are a reputable jewelry store. I was most impressed by the wide range of prices they had, and they had about 7 pieces under our $1500 budget for me to look at. There are so many options out there for you in that range…just stay out of the big brand name stores because you get so much less for your money with those places. If I had 10K to spend that’d be one thing, but with only a modest budget I didn’t want to end up with something much smaller from Cartier than what I could get by going into the land of antique rings! Picture doesn’t do it justice, but let’s just say in general people think we paid 3 times more than what we did…and we weren’t even trying…

Happy hunting!

The topic ‘Engagement rings under $2000’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors