Enough Time to Plan? Engaged July, Wedding March 2015

posted 2 years ago in March 2015
Post # 2
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I was engaged thi February and am getting married this August! If you have your heart set on one particular venue or photographer, it may not be enough time, but if you’re flexible,  it’s more than plenty. I feel like 6 months was more than enough for me. 

Post # 3
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2015

I just got engaged in June and we already have a date set for end of March 2015. I am in the event planning business so I can work pretty past.  I got my venue and important vendors booked in the first 2 weeks. Just make a list of To- Do’s and stay organized and you’ll be fine 🙂

Post # 4
250 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Definitely enough time – my FSIL got married in a week, dress and all. The turnout wasn’t quite as big because it was so quick but it turned out great. 

Post # 5
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Absolutely enough time as long as all of the major vendors you are set on are available!

Post # 6
598 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Dreams Las Mareas - Costa Rica

Yes.. just get your venue and dress done ASAP!  The dresses take a while to come in and venues book up… everything else you should be fine… march isnt a super busy wedding month

It will be super easy is you choose one of those all inclusive places… my sister got married on long island NY and almost everything was included… ceremony, reception, open bar, cocktail hour, center pieces, linens, limo…even the cake!  all for 68 bucks a person!

Post # 7
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I think that’s plenty of time! Get organized, make yourself a thorough to-do list that’s prioritized by things that are likely to book up, and delegate as much as possible! If you’re getting married in Delaware, I assume you know some people there, so you could enlist their help if they’d be open to it. Plus so many things can be done online these days! Also I’m not sure what your budget is like, but between time constraints and the wedding being in another state, I would skip the DIY stuff. I’m sure it’ll turn out great!

Post # 8
1987 posts
Buzzing bee

Totally doable! I was engaged in July and married in March, like you plan to be. I had all but one vendor booked and my dress picked out within the first month. The rest of the time was just handling the smaller details. 

Post # 9
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

We got engaged in November 2013 during a trip, and I started planning at the end of December 2013. We just got married last weekend, so a total of a little over 7 months? It was stressful, but completely doable. 

Post # 10
655 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - SPRING VALLEY COUNTRY CLUB

Get venue and Dress done asap. Everything else is pretty easy after that. It’s shouldn’t be an issue

Post # 11
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Church

FashionistaDiva:  You have more than enough time. The question is more are the vendors you want still available 🙂 Happy planning!

Post # 12
2704 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

FashionistaDiva:  

You’ll be fine! I’m in a similar situation, except I had just over 9 to plan, but roughly same amount of people, and planning in another city where the wedding is.

You can do it!

Post # 13
1506 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

FashionistaDiva: You can totally do it. I just got engaged in June and am getting married in December. 6 months of engagment. We were going to get married in September with a 3.5 month engagement, but then we had something out of our control happen, so we extended our engagement a bit. We are expecting approximately 120 people.

Post # 15
2240 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Church (if you want it), dress and venue. Once you have those everything else will be easy! Totally doable. 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors