Entering 2014 as a fiancé or GF? So confuse!

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1360 posts
Bumble bee

I hope that you will be celebrating new years with a fiancé!

But it sounds like you have a lot going on, so you are right to not get your hopes up. I would just assume it’s happening next year to avoid disappointment.

Good luck waiting; keep distracted!

Post # 4
2042 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@katherin788:  Try to think of yourself as engaged already and not let it worry you that you dont have a ring.  That is what I did.  It helped a lot with the waiting process.  I eventually got it.  He actually had it for 6 months before he gave it to me!  He was waiting for us to go on vacation.

Post # 6
2042 posts
Buzzing bee

@katherin788:  I started thinking about his as my BF before we were official, Same with FI and same with DH.  LOL  I mean its not like anything changes besides your name if you even want to change it…its just a piece of paper literally.  I was recently married and I dont feel any different….like at all!

Post # 8
2042 posts
Buzzing bee

@katherin788:  It does! Plus I stopped mentioning the engagement all together and that helped. He said he hated when I asked.   After we were engaged for a year I started calling him hubbs, or hubby, but never husband.  I would make him say wife too 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors