Essence of Australia D1431 – Have you tried it on?

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@ClassicLady:  Beautiful dress! I actually purchased Essense of Australia D1273 (http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/just-bought-my-wedding-dress-essense-of-australia-d1273#axzz2dByJvEIV ) for my Fall 2013 wedding. All of their dresses are beautiful and I’m sure you will not be dissapointed when you get the chance to try it on. My only advice is to leave yourself enough time, it did take a little over 6 months for my dress to arrive!

Post # 4
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2014

This dress is amazing..I just purchased it yesterday! I’m in love 🙂 This is the champagne/ivory dress.

Post # 5
65 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Hi Ladies.  Sorry if these images are huge, I’m not that savvy on here yet.

I tried on Essense of Australia D1431 in the champagne/ivory last weekend.  it was by far my favorite.  Excellent quality and the dress is just beautiful.  I tried it on with the original belt and then I had them swap out the belt for a different one (2nd pic).  I love the color of the tulle.  It’s in the running for my dress!  In the last pic, I put a veil with lace at the bottom of the train so I could see what it would look like w/ a long veil.  There is no lace at the bottom of the tulle on the dress.  Just had to clarify.

Post # 6
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I loved this dress when I tried it on! Ended up going with a different dress- but still wondering if I made the right choice! Undecided Essence of Australia on left and the dress I ended up ordering on right:

Post # 8
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@ClassicLady:  I *think* it was $1500 plus taxes (Canadian) but not 100% sure!

Post # 9
65 posts
Worker bee

@ClassicLady:  In Denver it is $1,399 plust tax.  The store I’m thinking about ordering from is having an Essense trunch show during Thanksgiving and it’s 10% off that price.

Post # 10
65 posts
Worker bee

HI ladies I went and tried it on again yesterday and it just made me love the dress even more.  I would suggest trying on without the belt and puttling a veil on.  If I buy it I will plan on wearing a mid-back lenth veil with lace at the edges.  It looks amazing.  It’s just so unique and the dress is so beautiful in person.  And I couldn’t believe the price 🙂

Post # 11
65 posts
Worker bee

@Breckchic:  Are you planning on bustling it?  If so, how do you bustle tulle? 

Thanks!

Post # 12
50 posts
Worker bee

This dress was beautiful when I tried it on. It was my mums favourite. I am very comfort conscious though and could not breathe, so I gave it a miss. If I couldnt breathe, I definitely couldn’t eat haha

Post # 13
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@missyk2684:  Hey there – the dress looks awesome on you and I love seeing it on someone else! I forgot how pretty the champagne color is and can’t wait for mine to be here! I really like the other sash you have on as well 🙂 I do plan on bustling it…I think they said they could pull the tulle material up underneath and attach it to the dress but once I figure it out in Feb. when my dress comes in I can let you know.

Post # 14
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Just tried it on, loved it and it’s between this dress and another. 

This dress – Essence of Aust – Dante had lace extended over shoulders which is what I liked about it.

In Australia it’s $2399

Post # 15
49 posts
Newbee

didnt end up getting it but essence d1541… it was hard to decide though! its $1300 where i live

Post # 15
1 posts
Wannabee

Breckchic:  thank you! I just bought this dress! Essense d1431. Ivory/champagne. It was the first day of looking for dresses but I fell in love with it when I tried it on. When I got home I had a slight feeling that i’d made a hasty decision, so I googled the style to see if I could find photos of it again online. I came across your photos and it has confirmed my choice! THANKYOU!!! You look absolutely STUNNING in this dress!!!

id love to see photos from your wedding day if you are going to post any?

Great choice! hope the rest of your planning is going well.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors