Essence of Australia D1616 or Dj1367 anyone??

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
86 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

I think they are both beautiful. I do love the sash one more but the low back is amazing. I think you made the right choice! The back is far better than the sash.

Post # 4
Hostess
30313 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Gosh I love them both!  But I do think the one you got is pretty incredible!

Post # 5
4 posts
Wannabee

ashley.devito.7:  I have the d1616 and let me just tell you.. It doesn’t fit me like it does on this model. I am completely devastated. Just got it in the mail the other day. Tried it on last night. Some areas can be altered, but the thick fabric in the stomach area creates this “pouch” that looks like I’m preggo and is very unflattering. I’m 5’2 and 95lbs. I’m tiny and this is not flattering my figure with the pouch. I spoke with another girl and she had the same problem. I, too, tried on a size that was way too big. I tried on an 8 and ordered a 2 (which still needs altered especially the bust). Have you gotten your dress in yet? Any problems with it? the back also doesn’t come down nearly as low as it does on the model. 

Post # 6
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2011

1367 is a good style

Post # 9
7 posts
Newbee

I have purchasend this dress too. Needs altered also much too big having read these comments I am very nervous ! Does anyone please please have a pic of themselves in this dress at their wedding ? I have mine home as it was a sample just needs altering everywhere ! I am nervous as i was told it was fishtail however i. The picture online it didnt seem to be . The shop that sold it to me said it would be once altered 🙁 

Post # 10
4 posts
Wannabee

ashley.devito.7:  No, the fabric was the same as the sample I tried on. I remenber thibking it was really stiff feeling and wondered if it would develop a crease in the stomach area after sitting down in it from time to time on my wedding day. Maybe because I tried on an 8 and had it drastically pinned, that’s why it laid a lot better across my belly when I tried it on at the bridal salon. Also the back doesn’t come down as low as it did in the store and my butt looks extremely flat in it. It didn’t look like that in the store. I don’t think my butt would look so flat if it came down lower. Because the material is stiffer, it doesn’t hug my curves (butt) as well as a thinner material would. I don’t have a butt whatsoever, but it did not look so bad trying this dress on. I almost think it would have helped to order it a couple of sizes too large. I’m so tiny that even this size 2 has to be taken in (especially the bust because that area is sad too!), but it barely has to be taken in in the hips. 

Post # 12
7 posts
Newbee

Come to think of it i said in the shop it looked awfuk around my butt but thought it would be better when altered 🙁 cant believe this 🙁 

Post # 13
7 posts
Newbee

If you google there is underwear with a but

in butt! Maybe could help!?:) x

Post # 15
4 posts
Wannabee

ashley.devito.7:  I totally agree! They should always keep smaller samples! i sent 3 photos but I don’t see them here now. I have an appointment with an alterations lady on Tuesday. Ashley if you want to private message you with your number, we can text back and forth and discuss it and i can send u more pics. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors