Essense of Australia D1287 … did I make the right choice?

posted 2 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which dress do you prefer I wear for my summer wedding?
    Essense of Australia D1287 : (29 votes)
    73 %
    Tara Keely TK2200 : (11 votes)
    28 %
  • Post # 2
    3835 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

Holliday27:   I love the Essence gown – it is unique and elegant.  The other dress looks kind of generic to me, although the photo above is a bit washed out.  

Post # 3
    1893 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Dallas, TX

I tried on that Tara keely and loved it, except that the bodice fit horribly. It was all creased and stiff and the consultant said she’s seen many brides regret that dress because the construction of the bodice just doesn’t work with some body types and buckles and has creases that alterations can’t fix. I knew this would drive me nuts so I passed on the dress. I think you should stick with your original.

Post # 6
    2751 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

That Tara Keely dress is gorgeous.  I’ve always loved it. The dress you ordered is also very pretty. I really like the ribbon edge. Did you get a ribbon edge veil? I’ve seen a cascading veil with an edge on it that is identical to the edge on the skirt of the Tara Keely gown that would look so amazing.  I like them both but I like the Tara Keely better. I’m sorry. 

Post # 7
    1298 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

They are both very pretty dresses, but I prefer the one you ordered (essence of aus). I think the satin edge on the skirt tiers makes it unique, but not in an “in your face” kind of way. Very classy and elegant. 

Post # 8
    60 posts
    Worker bee

The satin around the bottom of the dress that you ordered is what makes it stand out and look SO elegant. Plus, what a figure! You are perfection in that dress! In my opinion the Tara Keely looks like every other lacy mermaid dress I’ve seen for the past 10+ years and nothing too special about it. I vote that you keep the amazing gown you ordered!

Post # 9
    884 posts
    Busy bee

I love horse hair tulle and am basically a Tara Keely junkie (I love all the Lazaro, Hayley Paige and Tara Keely designes…I think its bc of the horse hair tulle…anyways) but I have to say your dress looks beautiful on you. <br /><br />Would the Tara Keely be beautiful on you? You bet it would! You have a great figure. There are hundereds of dresses that I imagine would look great on you, and I bet you could find several of them you love.  

But why? You found your dress and LOVED it. The Tara Keely is very similar so you likely would love it too. <br /><br />I dont think you made a mistake at all. I think your dress is stunning and you look beautiful in it. <br /><br />I would just quit looking if I were you! You have a very elegent and timeless dress and I agree with the other posters that is not as common looking as the Tara Keely. <br /><br />(Ok. You have to take my post with a grain of salt though. This is from a 2 dress bride. haha. Thankfully I just sold one of them! Im a bit of an addict since I am looking for my 3rd dresss…but my most expensive dress was $131 so I think its ok if I buy another one!)

Post # 10
    60 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: March 2015

so over lace everyone does it go with the essence of aus

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors