Essense of Australia D1472

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
Hostess
30313 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@missyk2684:  I haven’t tried it on, but holy moly, it’s stunning! Will you have a chance to try it on?

Post # 4
771 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Yes! I have! It was my no 2 choice. I’m a size 22 though:) it’s gorgeous material!

Post # 5
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2014

soinlove79 – I absolutely love this dress.  Hoping to try it on soon.  Just curious, what was your #1 choice?

Post # 6
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I love this dress!!!!

I tried Essence of Australia D1472 at the end of August while visiting family in British Columbia. Fell in love! I even like the ‘champagne’ colour (thought it would look bad with my skin tone) – I am not sure if the ivory would be better, so still need to think about it. Now I am back home, and have called the 4 nearest salons that carry Essence of Australia dresses and no one has it yet. I am hoping that I can find it at a trunk show…

Post # 7
3 posts
Wannabee

I just tried it on today in white (not flattering for my skin tone). I liked it, but maybe because of the white and that it was 2 sizes too small, it didn’t ‘wow’ me.  I tried on a style I wouldn’t have thought of, and fell in love. Stella York 5751.  The photos don’t do it justice.  If you already know you love the Essence 1472, any boutique that carries it should be able to order it for you.  It really looks stunning on you.  Maybe you can try on another Essence in ivory to see what color would be best?  I LOVE that dress.  Wish it worked for me. 

Post # 9
290 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

I am in love with this dress. Trying to figure out what it will cost here in Australia.

Post # 10
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@soinlove79:  wow, this is gorgeous!! What colour is the one you have in this picture? Is it the cognac or ivory one? 

Post # 11
771 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@kuhl2bee:  this was my first choice- another essence 

@Kaliro:  I think it was champagne? I honestly can’t remember because I ended up getting the above dress in ivory.

Post # 12
3 posts
Wannabee

That’s gorgeous soinlove79. I’ve never seen that style. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

Post # 13
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Hi Essense ladies, I am having a crisis and need ur help! I bought this dress on a lovely sunny day and was completely in love with it. I loved the cognac colour and refused the offer to compare it to any other dresses. Attached is a picture from that day. However, I went back a month later and the photos taken then are just not as nice. I’m trying to tell myself it’s the lighting since it was a miserable dark day the second time and they had those office type lights on but all I keep thinking is how yellow it looks! I can’t bet on my wedding day being beautiful and bright and our reception is in a marquee. What do u all think? I’m scared to cancel the order ( my dress is due in March) and not sure if the ivory will be better and if they can even swap it with only 6 months to my wedding day! I don’t even know if I like the veil length I chose now either! Help!

Post # 14
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Oh my goodness, this is my dress!! I haven’t seen it anywhere online since I ordered it back in September, so this is super exciting!

Mine is the cognac colour, which makes me a bit nervous, but I loved it when I tried it on and didnt want to change a thing – the sample in store was the perfect size, but I wanted the zip back, not a corset.

@One_Day_Ill_Bee_Mrs_G I paid AUD$2395 for mine at fairytales in Melbourne – crazy that an Australian brand is cheaper in the states than at home! But I will say the quality is beautiful, I stayed away from $5000 dresses, but the materials are stunning, comparable to the higher end dresses, especially the tulle, its beautiful and fine, falls so nicely.

After seeing other’s pics I cant wait to see mine in the flesh when it arrives next year!

Post # 15
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Ordered a ‘dress on loan’ into a local bridal salon, and it was the ivory color – absolutely love it!!!! I like the ivory much better than the champagne color. I ordered my dress! Picture is me in the sample dress Essence D1472 in Ivory.

Post # 15
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Hi ladies! I bought the D1472 in champagne last summer. I then started to worry about the colour as it seemed very yellow in photos I took at a later date. I also bought the dress after being told it would be easy to remove some of the netting under the skirt! I wasn’t hugely into having such a massive skirt! After taking it to be altered I am absolutely in love with it! The dress designer actually removed one layer of the tulle from the skirt and the champagne colour completely disappeared! So if anyone is worried about the colour of their dress then all you need to do is remove the coloured layer of tulle and you will have a lovely ivory dress! The designer also cut out most of the netting underneath and the dress looks more streamline. It’s so beautiful and feels so much lighter and more comfortable! 🙂 🙂

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  carcar.
  • This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  carcar.
Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors