Essense of Australia D2109

posted 9 months ago in Dress
Post # 2
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2017

tondotogreco :  I bought the same dress recently! I understand your worries, the pictures on the website really don’t do the dress justice. How did it work out? Was it everything you remembered? I am also nervous about getting mine in (clearly, i googled the dress and this board came up!), I would love to see pics to calm my nerves.

I hope it all worked out! I bet it is as stunning as we remember. 🙂 

Post # 6
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2017

I just bought the same dress four days ago! I totally agree – the pictures on the website do NOT do it justice. I was also somewhat nervous to order it, since the one I tried on was about 2/3 sizes too small. Really hard to picture what it will look like with the right sizing. Thank you so much for sharing your pics! It helps to see what it looks like when it fits 🙂 

Also…what color did you order? Is this the all ivory? Thanks 🙂

Post # 7
2 posts
Wannabee

I get married next month and this is my dress. The website picture is horrible. I originally tried on a 4 , which is what Im pictured in here (Im a 10) but the original sales person ordered me a 14. I was shocked bc thats not at all my size but went with it. When it came in it almost fell off me so I made her order a 10. The 10 is the exact fit I was looking for. The 10 fit me like this dress would if the back was closed. It was tight around my butt, but thats exactly why I bought the dress. (gotta show off my ASSets) I prefer the dress to be a tight fit to really show off curves and the behind with that stunning back. If you want it to be loose go up a size if you like it tighter, the true to size seemed to work best for me. The website picture and the sales reps seem to think the dress should be more loose fitting through the hips. I disgaree. Maybe Im wrong but I think it looks way better a bitter tighter. 🙂

IMG_5980IMG_4036_1

Post # 8
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Skylar Jean Courter :  The dress is gorgeous on you!! Do you have a pic of you in the correct size? My dress will arrive late June and I’m super nervous because my consultant ordered me a size 14 also! I went with it…because I know I have a big booty and can always take in the sides if need be, but I’m super nervous that it’s going to be way too huge. I also ordered mine with a corset back, rather than the zipper/buttons, so that I can pull it super tight around my middle and accentuate my waist. Seeing picutres of other people in it makes me feel alot less nervous…because it’s so hard to picture what it will actually look like with all the clamps and clips lol. Post more after your wedding!! 😉

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee

Hey ladies, this is my dress as well. Mine came in in my size about a month ago! I lovvvve it. I get married in October.  Here are some pics. I’m a size 16 in wedding gowns. Sorry the pics areally not the greatest!

Post # 10
748 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

Maybe it’s an Essense of Australia thing, because I saw the dress I ended up with a million times on the internet and never gave it a second glance until it was on my body! 

Post # 11
2 posts
Wannabee

katielee93 :  I took the 14 to an experienced bridal semastress and she said I would never be able to chieve the fit I wanted if she had to take it in 4 sizes. So I insisted they re-order me my correct size. Although the corset back may help in your case. I dont have any pics of my correct size since my dress is being altered right now but I will for sure post more next month after the wedding! The dress is gorgeous  (even though the picture online is not super great) though so dont be nervous!

Post # 12
1 posts
Wannabee

Loving all these photos! Ordered mine in January and still waiting to receive it……How is everyone doing hair/ jewellery?

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors