- 3 years ago
- Wedding: August 2014
I’ve left planning for our honeymoon mostly up to my FI, but he sort of floored me the other night. Here are the quick points to help frame everything:
- He’s always said he doesn’t want to go someplace either already been. He’s never been to Europe, but I lived in Franche and traveled to several major cities in Western Europe
- We are not really beach sitters, and I get horribly seasick, so we’ve been looking at more terrestrial/city locations. We love visiting historic sites, museums, national parks, and going hiking
- He gets very, very stressed about transit during travel. Once we arrive, he’s fine, but he is very anxious en route, to the point where prolonged transit is frustrating and stressful
- We want to spend less than $5,000 on the trip
- We don’t have a set time to go, but are looking at sometime in 2015
Based on our discussions, I was under the impression that he was leaning towards a food/wine tour in Italy. Then, last night, he sent me a link to a London/Paris/Rome 2-3 nights in each tour. It was so polar opposite of what I thought he wanted. When I asked him about it, he said that he was fine with us going places I’d already been (London & Paris, the latter I lived in for two months). He was thinking, probably rightfully, that we don’t know the next time we’ll be in Europe, and he wants to see the “big” things while we’re there.
So I guess now I’m just very lost. I don’t want a trip where he will spend the entire time stressed as we move from hotel to hotel. I really don’t want to move bases more than once throughout the trip, as I think that’ll greatly add to his stress. But, I know he wants to be able to see different places. He’s very against the idea of a cruise, so I’m kind of at a loss. Help?