Post # 1
I’m so overwhelmed/confused/scared and just need to get it out…
My BF has his dream job… and last Weds we found out his company was closing his studio (last day was on Friday). No notice, no severence package, and now, no job. Literally just ten days ago we had been house hunting and he had asked my father permission to propose… and now, because it’s the entertainment industry, we’re 90% most likely moving from Chicago (where I’ve been for five years and he grew up) to the west coast. Where on the west coast? No idea yet. Likely timing on this? His estimate is 30-45 days. (45 days!!)
I’m definitely being the supportive GF, being excited, happy, “it’s a new adventure for us” kind of attitude… but it is scary. We have our apartment, jobs, friends, his family… and starting all over. wow.
Just a note to remind how fast life can change on you.
And as for the engagement? Of course on hold, but he’s worth the wait. ^_^
Post # 3
Sorry for your poorly timed stress! If it is indeed the west coast, there are lots be bees out here to welcome!
Post # 4
(Hugs) although stressful this sounds really exciting as well.
Post # 5
Thanks ladies. I just realized how flustered my original post was. LOL, you know how it is- you’re at work and can’t tell anyone here, just had to vent.
Post # 6
*hugs hugs* glad you got to vent – and you seem to have the right attitude even though I’m sure you’re twisting and turning on the inside! It’ll all work out the way it’s supposed to in the end!
Post # 7
Aw man hunnie, so sorry to hear about that. It is poorly planned but I’m so sure you’ll both land on your feet and make the best out of this. He’ll never forget the support you’ve shown him! This could be a great change, its good that you remain positive. Good luck with it all!