- 3 years ago
- Wedding: March 2015
so, FI and I have been casually looking at honeymoon stuff since we got engaged, but we just recently really started looking. we were all over the map with what we wanted to do, but we finally decided that we want to do an all inclusive. since then we must have “decided” on 5 different places, but every time there was something we felt we were settling on (not enough food variety, too secluded, not secluded enough, not adults-only, no private outdoor space, etc). Anyway, yesterday we came across Excellence Playa Mujeres and after reading a ton of TripAdvisor reviews, we haven’t really found any real disappointments yet! I know a lot of Bees have stayed there, so I was hoping to get some specific questions answered! Any input would be much appreciated!
1. the beach cabanas/canopy beds on the beach: how do you use those? do they cost extra? do you have to reserve them? just wake up super early and stake them out?
2. umbrella availablity: i am about as pale as they come, and while i love lounging by the pool or beach, i need to be in the shade as much as possible. i’ve read that finding chairs isn’t typically a problem, but what about umbrellas?
3. room service breakfast on patio: is this something that can be done daily?
4. champagne: aside from the honeymoon pacakge, can you just a bottle of champagne? i saw a picture of someone with a bottle of champagne on the beach, and it looked amazing.
5. bourbon: we’re not holding our breath here, but is there any chance that bourbon (not scotch, although we love that too!) is available at the resort? by the bottle in the excellence club rooms?
6. booking: we have our hearts set on the two story rooftop pool suites (excellence club). we’re honeymooning during spring break, so it’s going to be busy. how soon do we need to pull the trigger on booking to make sure we get this room type?
7. miscellaneous: any other insider tips we might not glean from tripadvisor?