Exhausted 24/7

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
2696 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

For most people the second trimester is so much better! The first tri exhaustion is brutal. Im boardering on my 3rd tri and had a great 2nd tri energy-wise…starting to get run down again!

I wish I had advice on how to battle the fatigue, but nothing seems to help.Growing a person is tiring work!

Post # 3
2594 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

soontobehisbride:  I was super exhausted in my first trimester, too! I feel your pain. I’m 35 weeks now and feel super worn out again. Second trimester was better, though! Having a small amount of caffeine helped me a lot. An iced black tea or a latte with just one shot of espresso was awesome. I know some people feel more comfortable avoiding all caffeine but less than 200 mg/day has been shown to have no adverse effects. Also, it seems counterintuitive, but exersizing gave me more energy, too, and helped me sleep better at night. Good luck to you!!! I hope you feel better soon!

Post # 4
168 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I’m exhausted too (7w+3), and I just started a new job so it’s even worse! I’ve found that I have to have a half-cup of coffee in the morning and a small iced tea in the afternoon– I’m absolutely useless without caffeine (I was a venti mocha a day girl pre-pregnancy, and cutting down has been HARD). Even with that I’m still taking 2hr naps after I get home.

Hang in there, mama! Everyone tells me it gets better in the 2nd trimester, too…you only have a couple weeks until you’re there. 🙂

Post # 5
11668 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I would find myself falling asleep at work, too during the first trimester. It gets SO much better in the second trimester, though! I didn’t really find anything that worked to keep me awake but make sure you’re getting lots of rest when you can. I would get home from work, we would order take out pretty much every night if I wasn’t nauseous (because I wasn’t cooking!) and go to sleep by 7. A few times at work I would go out in my car (set an alarm on my phone) and close my eyes during lunch. Hang in there, it will get better soon!

Post # 6
416 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

A little caffeine is okay! Try taking small walks or other gentle exercise, that helps too. H&H 9 months to you!

Post # 6
416 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

A little caffeine is ok! And gentle exercise helps too, like a short walk or yoga. H&H 9 months to you!

Post # 7
4163 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

I’m 21 weeks, and I feel your pain- that was me. It WILL pass, and in the 2nd trimester you’ll probably love being pregnant. 🙂

Ask for help- your partner will need to step it up for the next month to help around the house. If your family is close by and someone can help with shopping, etc- anything to take some responsibility off of you.

Are you eating okay? Small meals throughout the day can help, so you don’t get weak. Keep hydrated, and nap when you can. It’s okay to go to bed at 8pm!

Post # 9
2114 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

all I can say is get your rest. go home, eat, go to bed! I did nothing but sleep when I wasn’t working in the first trimester. We lived on quick meals. it did get better 

Post # 10
8592 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

I had no energy from weeks 8-16.  I’d fall asleep at 8pm and sleep until 10am on weekends.  It got better after that but even then my normal energy level didn’t come back until after birth 🙂

Post # 11
644 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I personally think the first trimester is the worst for everything, especially fatigue. I was more physically exhausted in my first trimester of pregnancy than ever in my life: that includes working 4 jobs while finishing my masters degree, the first few weeks with a newborn, and going back to work fulltime with a baby who still doesn’t sleep through the night. That first trimester my BONES felt tired…it’s the worst but it should get better! Good luck!

Post # 12
108 posts
Blushing bee

Get all the rest you need mama! When I was at work and felt the exhaustion come on, I would take nice little walks and that would help! 

cora_123:  My bones felt tired too!! You just helped me figure out how to describe the amount of tired I felt. I haven’t been able to figure it out until I read that! Hahaha!

Post # 13
389 posts
Helper bee

I felt the same way until week 12-13. I had a cup of tea in the morning, which kept me going until early afternoon. Afterwards, when I was desperate, sugar seemed to help: cookies or dried fruit (papaya). Still, I was in bed by 9:00pm. It will get better, though, so hang in there and good luck!

Post # 14
1817 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I was just like you during my first trimester, I would come home from work, take a 3 hour nap, eat dinner and then go right back to sleep! I dont have any great tips that haven’t already been listed above (try to work out through your tiredness) but in the end you’ll still be tired. If you can I say give into it, take a short nap and know that it will most likely go away when you hit your second trimester.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors