Post # 1
Hubby and I attended a Date Night, of sorts, at a local church. We were confronted with the question “What’re your expectations?” I mean don’t we all have some, but I never thought of writing them down and having a discussion about them like that.
What are yours and do you know what your SO’s are for you? I thought it was a quite interesting topic.
Post # 3
I expect him to continue to pay attention to me. By that I mean undivided attention. He should spend time talking to me, laughing with me, visiting me in the kitchen when I’m cooking, he should visit me on the couch if I’m watching my girly shows. This is why I fell in love, should it stop we could break.
Post # 4
This is so weird… several months ago, I decided to make a list of these things when I was having a rough time with our relationship. It made me really put into perspective all he does for me and why I love him!!
(I do second @vmec with the undivided attention and talking to me… I don’t get that all the time, though :/ )
1. Respect me
2. Make me laugh
3. Take the trash out
4. Enjoy cooking and eating with me
5. Be an involved and good dad, to the dogs and (future) kids
6. Be willing to compromise
7. Be the best man you can be
8. Take care of me
9. Support me (not necessarily financially, but emotionally)
10. Love me
11. Be honest with me
12. Listen to me
13. Stay young at heart
14. Fix things when they are broken around the house
Post # 5
I expect him to always put me and our family first. I expect him to do whatever it takes to support us emotionally, physically and financially. And I will do the same.
Post # 6
I expect him to put me/us above all else (work, others, etc).
I expect him to always treat me with respect, even when I drive him crazy.
I expect him to always be honest with me (about the big stuff– if he lies and tells me dinner was great and my ass looks tiny that is a-ok with me).
I expect him to put effort into keeping our relationship fun.
I expect him to work harder when its hard than when its easy, and to never ever quit on us.
I expect him to be supportive of me in whatever I want to do.
Post # 7
1. To be faithful and honest.
2. To treat me with respect.
3, To always have faith in us, even if the road gets rocky.
4. To take care of himself.
5. To never lose sight of our future goals and dreams.
6. To be responsible financially and physically.
7. To encourage me to be my best.
8. To support me in my decisions, dreams, goals, etc.
9. To take the early morning potty breaks with our puppy! 🙂
10. Listen to what I say, even if you don’t agree with it. (Not DO what I say!)
11. To give me lots of hugs every day.
Post # 9
These are great ones. A lot of them ring the same with everyone here. I think talking about these things, and not just assuming that your SO knows, is something to think about. I had never thought about it until the dat night thingy. Plus, when times get hard (especially being newlyweds) you have ot realize that you are two diff people and you can’t know what to do/how to react correctly for your specific mate all the time.