Expecting a December 2017 proposal? Lets help each other pass the time!

posted 2 weeks ago in Waiting
Post # 2
169 posts
Blushing bee

I feel you! My proposal window is creeping closer though, September or October! It can be maddening at times, but I learned quickly to stop mentioning it to family & friends (especially since we don’t want everyone to know until it has actually happened).

Best advice is to preoccupy yourself as best as possible! Lately I’ve been planning various trips around the country that I can’t afford, but it passes the time and is something I can talk about easily to friends and my boyfriend. I just pick a place, say Florida, and go through everything we’d want to see, how much time we would need there, flying vs driving, and all the cost factors. Then I pick the next place!

That all being said, I still want to just time travel to future where we are already engaged so I can share that joy with the world and have this wait be overwith!!

Post # 3
5 posts
Newbee

I so feel you on talking to friends/family! We have been ring shopping, and it was so exciting for me that I wanted to tell lots of people and show them the pretty rings I saw, but I also felt weird showing them off when nothing is official yet! So I only shared with my mom and my BFF. That helped a little, but I still look at the photos of the rings I tried on a lot haha. 

I am guessing he is planning a Christmas engagement from some comments he made, but who knows! Our timeline is within the next 6-8 months or so. He won’t give me any more concrete details so I’m just here waiting!

Post # 4
122 posts
Blushing bee

I’m in the same place as you! My boyfriend said he should have my ring by Christmas. He’s still saving up for it. But if not I think I may have to wait until my birthday on Valentines Day. I already feel engaged almost. He is in the Army and he wanted me to start getting pricing and planning our wedding. I’ve already planned everything, I’m just not officially a fiancé yet. And I haven’t tried on dresses or went to venues yet because it would just feel weird since he hasn’t officially asked me yet. I’ve just been trying to stay busy to keep my mind off of it. I’ve been trying to have something to look forward to each month. Like a concert etc. and I’ve been working out more. Make sure to tell us about the proposal when he proposes!

Post # 8
169 posts
Blushing bee

hollynichole :  I am the same way! I have been craving next steps for years now. We’re FINALLY living with each other full time in about two weeks, after two years of long distance where we would only see each other every other weekend. So dreaming about our future is all I could do, and now I’m very excited that some of it is finally coming true! Enjoying the now is hard when you know there’s so much better times up ahead!! Like I said, distract yourself as much as possible to stay sane!

I’ve been to Florida twice before (both times Disney) so I really want to explore other parts of the state! I live in Wisconsin though, so if we go to Florida, it will likely be a January escape from our freezing winters. Right now, August in Wisconsin, it’s a beautiful 73 degrees outside. I think the highest I have ever seen here is about 88 degrees. In January we’ll likely be averaging -10 with the wind chills, so Florida would be a lovely getaway! 

Depending if we get legally married before then, we might take a trip over to Honeymoon Island too! XD

Post # 10
169 posts
Blushing bee

hollynichole :  I have a whole boatload of stories since we’ve had so many different circumstances upon us. But I wouldn’t trade it for a thing, and while the distance really sucked, I think it was the right thing for us at the time. 

Living together is a huge step and something to look forward to! We dreamed about it for years now, starting from back when I had just graduated high school and he was going to be a senior. Soooo much waiting XD

Speaking of which, that was the same summer we went to Disney with our high school band and marched through Magic Kingdom at two in the afternoon in June! It was sweaty, but the most amazing experience.

We all have a lot to be grateful for, and especially with us, I feel so incredibly fortunate and thankful that we found each other so young and have gotten to experience all sorts of wonderful things together!

We definitely would love a winter getaway one of these years. In fact, his grandma goes down to Arizona every year to escape it. I wish I could too! The funny thing is, while Halloween is very chilly and it’s typical to have snow for Thanksgiving, for some reason it’s just cold with little snow for most of December, so sometimes white Christmases are a hit or miss. January-February is when the snow REALLY kicks in. It’s also typical to have the last snowstorm in late April.

Post # 12
218 posts
Helper bee

Oh my gosh, this comforts me so very much bees, I thought I was the only one being so antsy!

SO said between September and December, but as his brother marries Sep. 2nd, I don’t think it’ll happen so soon. 

Moreover, I’m such a big christmas fan, I’m almost sure it’ll happen on either an advent sunday (do you say that in the US? One of the four Sundays before christmas) or on christmas eve. 

We’re Germans and happen to have a lot of castles and fortresses around (there must be around 15 I could reach within an hour by car, we have two in the city we live in) and every christmas, there are so very romantic christmas markets in and around them – where there’s lights and music and snow and bonfires, torches, candles, hot chocolate and ‘Glühwein’ (Hot red wine with cinnamon and other spices).

But you can always find some quiet place with no other people at a castle wall and you’re standing there in the cold night, snuggled together under your SO’s coat (it’s always warmer in there!) while huge snowflakes are falling down on you and you can overview the whole city, lit up with christmas lights. You stand there in the complete silence of the snow sorrounding you and you can hear nothing but the distant noise of the christmas market and your SO’s breath. This is so beautiful, you wouldn’t believe it. 

We had our first kiss in a similar scenery, with all the lights and snow, so I’m really hoping he’ll be proposing just like that. 

Post # 13
70 posts
Worker bee

I kind of am…we talked about December to March. I’m hoping it falls in that window 😊

Post # 14
32 posts
Newbee

I’d love to join! We’ve already decided on a general wedding time (Sept 2019) but in the time before then we’ll be moving to an apartment in a new city, both of us getting new jobs, and then buying a house and getting a dog. Plus I’m generally a pretty anxious person and my family is in another state (my mom and I are excited to plan together) so it makes sense to have a long engagement.

He’s saving up for his “dream ring” for me (it makes him happy) and we’ll go pick it out together. He said he’ll be financially ready in winter. So… December to February I guess? Really excited!

Post # 15
31 posts
Newbee

Ahhh.. SO has mentioned a timeline of end of August (not possible as I think he’s still talking to the ring designer) to October (which is our 4th anniersary). I’m kicking myself because I want to talk about it all the time and I want to know when the ring is ready.. because a few weeks ago, he mentioned she didn’t find a diamond to show him yet. He told me he won’t tell me when it’s ready because he wants it to be a complete surprise and I’m someone who always like to guess when it’s happening. It’s driving me crazy though! 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors