extra $600 for a 1/2 ct larger halo setting!?

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
579 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Bigger halo=more or bigger diamonds.

Totally kosher in my book.

Post # 3
1317 posts
Bumble bee

$3200 is still very cheap for a ring with a 1.5ct diamond and $600 is not that much in the grand scheme of things if you are going up in size stone plus the setting needs to be changed. If you really want the 1.5 I think $600 will be ok but if is not in your budget a 1ct especially in a halo will still look large so just depends what your priorities are. 

Post # 4
2240 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Go to since1910.com and find the ring you’re looking at. I’ve seen that on some rings when you input the center stone size the price does go up but make sure that the price is akin to what they’re quoting!

BTW please post pics when you have them so I can drool over your Verragio!

Post # 5
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

It does make sense to be more expensive because I would imagine, to accommodate a bigger diamond, the halo would need more metal and more diamonds.  

Post # 9
1649 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I was planning to order the same Verragio ring and planned to put a 1.5ct stone in as well. I believe they charge a set amount of money just for making the carat size larger, and then another charge for making the halo stones bigger.

I was quoted $250 to change the stone size and $350 for the halo stones. I ultimately didn’t get that ring and had a custom setting done with 103L as the front half and 107 as the back half, with the three-sided shoulder instead of the two-sided one.

Even with my custom Verragio I got charged $250 for changing the centre carat size and shape to a 1.5 radiant cut and my ring has no halo. 1 carat is the standard size for their settings. Anything larger and you pay to change the head holding the stone. It all came up to around the same price they quoted you.

Post # 10
2891 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

moonblooms: Genesis Diamonds was in the news for some shadiness around certs, iirc. I’d ask a few other verragio dealers and buy from the one I’m most comfortable with. 

Post # 13
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

So did you find something similar for less? I’m not up on my ring styles, unfortunately.  If you did, that’s fantastic!!

Post # 14
1905 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

I think it’s weird you’re shelling out for a 1.5 carat diamond but are freaking out about $600. 

Anyways, my ring came from there & in retrospect I would have gone some where else due to all the shadiness that went down with them. BUT I did end up with a much better diamond because of all of it! They returned my previous diamond for a better one at no extra $$$ 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors