Post # 1
So I apologize if this has already been done, but in an attempt to not change my status insulting a bunch of my friends, I figured I’d vent here. There are four things that irritate me beyond reason when reading peoples Facebook updates.
- Using “This person and I” when it should be “this person and me.” Remember when it used to be the other way? You would say, “Mom, can me and my friends go to the park?” and your mom would correct you and say “My friends and I.” Now I see it all over Facebook… “A photo of mom and I in Disneyland.” You wouldn’t say “A photo of I in Disneyland,” that is clearly wrong. But for some reason, if you are with another person, it makes it ok?
- 200$. If you are going to say two hundred dollars, it is $200. Not 200$.
- People updating every 30 seconds. “Getting dressed to go to the store.” “Driving to the store.” “At the store.” “This pasta costs 2$.” (See what I did there?) “Driving home from the store.”
- I have a friend that bitches and moans about how bad his life is and then in the very next post talk about how everyone except him are little bitches and he is so tough and hard. And he still live at his parents’ house.
Sorry, these people are my friends in real life. I don’t really want to “defriend” them, but their posts seem to get less literate as time goes on. Something about being at a key board makes basic education go out the window.
What are some things your friends do that drive you nuts?
Post # 3
- Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast
I think we all have our triggers. I fight myself every day to not unfriend my Mother. Her politically uneducated “share” bs makes me want to punch something. And her “if you don’t like it, then unfriend me” attitude makes me see various shades of red. I swear, if I could find a way to disable FB on all of her devices, I would do it in a heartbeat. lol
Post # 4
Sorry guys, the formatting of this thing is weird. I tried to fix it. Hopefully it isn’t too bad.
Post # 5
When someone “likes” everything I put on FB. Or when someone repeatedly FR me. Uh, I didn’t add you or accept your request the first time for a reason. Buh bye.
Post # 6
@NotablySidedJP: Oh my gosh! I have SOOOOOOOO many that bug me and they are usually the same people.
- Posts that are so poorly written that they make no sense. “Oo the best farther day! !! Ever now this is for me but the kids are sitting here waiting to eat it lol hahahahahahahahah” (<– actual FATHER’s Day post froma friend)
- Posts about the completly mundane things your children are doing. (I deleted a lady from church who watches her granddaughter because she would post EVERY SINGLE HOUR about the kid watching tv, eating eggs, petting the dog….)
- Photos of every step of you making something totally normal like meatloaf. I have a friend who does this at least once a week. Photos of ingredients, chopping, cooking, plating, half eaten, all gone. Facebook is not your cooking show!
- Dramatic rants against unnamed evil-doers. Particularly when they include the phrase “You got something to say- say it to my face!” (Um, hello Pot? This is Kettle. I have something to say to you….)
Post # 7
The idiots who copy/paste those things about keeping their profiles private or various terms of service whatnots or keeping their facebook because FB is totes gonna delete profiles asap guyz!
It takes TWO seconds to research whether something is true or not in google. Snopes.com is a valuable resource. I love busting those chain letters with a link to the snopes article about it 😀
Post # 8
@NotablySidedJP: YEP! I have one who chronically bitches about her ex. ALL. THE. TIME. And then she posts pics of herself all done up and types ‘tough girl’ bullshit underneath like ‘You broke my heart but I’ll break your face’ or whatever. Totally vain and psycho. I considered removing her today.
Post # 9
I can’t stand it when people add “is” to their status when it isn’t neccessary. I think this is a carryover from the myspace days, or maybe facebook used to always add “is.” I can’t remember but I can’t stand when people do that like:
Devinthebrave: “is I’m going to the movies tonight!”
I can’t believe people do this. Also, the ridiculous amount of shares with pop culture references that people obviously don’t understand what it means (mostly our parents who do this).
Post # 10
@MexiPino: +1 on all counts – AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Post # 11
Okay I get venting but why don”t you just you know hide people on fb that annoy you. That way you are not unfriending them.
Post # 12
@NotablySidedJP: I have a few frineds that post the occasional hard right wing / tea party / Glenn Beck craziness and I have to restrain myself from replying.
But probably the most annoying friends I have are a particular family who only post “Click if Jesus is welcome in your home!” type stuff or, “I love my family / husband / sister / brother / uncle / mom / dad / grandma / grandkids sooooooooooooooooooo much! Every.Single.Post.
Post # 13
I hate how Facebook has turned into Pinterest, with people sharing photos and recipes all-day, every day. I’d be okay with people sharing recipes (in private messages, perhaps), but I don’t want to see the same thing on my newsfeed 15 times, because you can hit the share button.
Post # 14
I hate when people “share” all these photos that have acompanying stories that are almost always false. Like the one that claims to be about a health conference about how Aspartame causes MS and giant spiders that eat dogs. Stuff like that. They bother me because most people blindly believe that crap instead of taking the time to research the information.
Post # 15
I really hate it when people like or share some picture or story. Why does this need to show up on my news feed? I don’t care about the little boy trying to get get 1 million likes to get a new pet iguana!
Ughh and one “friend” in particular who is constantly updating her status with “I’m getting sick” “my life sucks” “FML” “Blah Blah Blah”… I’m only friends with you to see my baby cousin when you post pictures of her.
Also when people update about EVERYTHING!!… “At Starbucks!!” “Clipping my toe nails!!” “Massive ice cream craving!!” … DON’T CARE!
Post # 16
@Sassygrn: Oh I do that, too. In fact, when I went to look for an appropriate status to reference, I had to type in a couple “friend’s” names because I hid their updates. I outright deleted the lady from church because there’s really no reason to keep her, we’re not really friends. Others who I like in real life but find annoying on FB get hidden.