- 6 years ago
- Wedding: October 2012
So I had my first fitting today and at the end, I received an estimate of how much my alterations would be. I know I’m getting a lot of work done but I wanted to see if the prices are on par with other brides on here:
- taking in the dress two inches from the underarms through the hips: $55-$72;
- sewing in an elastic band under my bust for internal dress support: $28;
- sewing in cups in the bust: $24;
- Hemming 4 inches: $72-$85
- French bustle: $255
- Rush fee (since I was outside their three month window): $50
- Pressing of the dress: $68
Total: $552-$582. It will only be $582 when she sees how long it will take to go through the multiple layers of fabric, with the underskirts there are 5 layers. Also, since I been working out like a fiend, if the dress needs to be taken in again, she’ll perform the work with no extra charge.
So what do you think ladies?