(Closed) Fall 2010 bride…needs a support group, want to join me?

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
  • poll: How many pounds would you like to lose?
    5-10 lbs : (13 votes)
    23 %
    10-15 lbs : (14 votes)
    25 %
    15-20 lbs : (11 votes)
    20 %
    20+ : (18 votes)
    32 %
  • Post # 3
    318 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

I am right there with you!  FI and I have started a raw food diet this week and we are going to excercise to see if we can lose some extra weight.  Our wedding is in September but we would like to look slimmer for our engagement pictures in January.

Post # 4
    5 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2010

I hear you gals. I just joined Wedding Bee and this topic popped out immediately to me. Don’t pay any attention to the ‘ideal weight’ stuff you find online. I’m convinced that they just want to sell weight loss products ; )

But I think it’s great that you gals are starting a support groups. We have to stick together!!

Post # 7
    443 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

I’d love to hop on board. My fiance and I are still long-distance and without him I have ZERO motivation. I’d like to get into a routine before the time starts slipping away!! I’m 5’6” and 160. People say “oh but you’re athletic” Uh not anymore, and I’ve packed on the poundage since my “athletic” days in hs and college!! Plus my doctor is after me to shed some of the extra “bits” I’ve acquired in the last couple of years.

@Soon2beeMrsM: random, but I LOVE Veronic Mars!!

Post # 8
    4024 posts
    Honey bee

ME ME ME!!!! I’m 5’3″ (5’4″ on a good day!) and weigh 135-140 also! I would like to get down to 120-125 and tone up. My wedding is September 18. I am curvey too, big hips and butt! I have never been great at losing weight, and get frusterated, so it would be awesome to have some support and support other in return! How will we check up with each other?

I have been doing the 30 day shred, and its tough!

Post # 9
    443 posts
    Helper bee

@Rosie Girl, I make it to about day 3 of the 30 Day Shred and give up! So sad LOL. Should we have a 30 Day Shred challenge?!?!

Post # 10
    4024 posts
    Honey bee

@allisonc: YES! Becuase I am having a hard time keeping with it too! I do like 2 or 3 days, then go for like 4 days without!

Post # 11
    4024 posts
    Honey bee

I’ll have to do my “weigh in” on Fridays becuase my home computer is broke, so I have to use the one at work!

Post # 12
    86 posts
    Worker bee

I’d love to join in as well! I’d like to lose between 10 – 15 lbs before our wedding (October 2010). I’ve found that weight watchers works best for me, so I plan to start tracking what I eat.

@Allisonc – I’m the same way, I have no motivation! My FI and I will go on hikes together, but I need to get into a routine I can stick to on my own!

Post # 14
    443 posts
    Helper bee

Hmm maybe if I had to account to a group of you I’d actually make it through the challenge!! Instead of sitting on my floor, visiting weddingbee while trying to fix my stupid cell phone 😛

I have a hard time finding jeans too, because of disproportionately large thighs. LOL is that too much info? My jeans usually look ridiculous because there’s way to much fabric happening around the waist, but my booty fills out the back….then they’re like, skin tight on the thighs! Ann Taylor Loft has had some nice cuts lately…my sister has no bum whatsoever but is proportionate everywhere else and found some that actually fit, though she had to order several pairs online, try them on, send the ones that didn’t work back, etc.

Post # 16
    4024 posts
    Honey bee

@Soon2beeMrsM: We sound exactly the same! I buy my jeans at the buckle. The BKE brand seems to fit really well. When I buy them though, I buy them tight in the thighs (fit in the waist) because they stretch out! But I LOVE them.

The topic ‘Fall 2010 bride…needs a support group, want to join me?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors