(Closed) Fall 2011 Dates Getting Booked!

posted 8 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
990 posts
Busy bee

awww *hugs* you’ll  be surprised what you may not have considered at first but will be open!! I bet you’ll find something that fits you two just right!

Post # 4
10218 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

definitely not!! i’m worried about the exact same things and i definitely freak out A LOT about them. i had a talk with M today and finally figured out our vibe and possibly a date which is on a week day during the day that is the only thing that will save us.

Post # 5
1776 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

I’m definitely worried about that sort of thing happening to us, too!  We’ve discussed we want a winter wedding in 2011, and we know the exact date we want.  Sooo…in order for that to happen, I need that ring on my finger!  I’ve casually mentioned that ideally I’d like an engagement of at least a year, so I kinda expected it by the end of the year.  the bear is cutting it awfully close….eek! 

Post # 8
2344 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I worried about this too… I actually started planning our June 2010 wedding in April of 2009 for that reason, even though we weren’t engaged yet! Still, I can’t say it really did much good. I know you said that hall is booked up, but that is pretty unusual, I think, and they may have some cancellations! Don’t stress out about it too much, though I know that is much easier said than done.

Post # 9
1280 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

i’m not so much worried about it as i am dissappointed because i was realllly hoping for a 2010 wedding but finances and the fact that my left hand is still naked means i’ll have to wait till 2011. my BF’s best friend who just got engaged last month has been saying that just about every place they’ve looked at in the city or long island is booked for the entirety of next year, except for 9/11 sadly. however, another friend of mine got engaged in may and was able to book a place for the reception for Feb 2010 in July – that’s only about 7 months in advance? i wouldn’t worry about it too much if you have a little flexibility. i know that the tri-state area (and probably most other larger metropolitan areas) tends to book up more quickly than most other places in the country. maybe a little “outside the neighborhood” venturing for venues may also increase your chances of finding an open date next year if it’s not terribly inconvenient.

Post # 10
1280 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

wow i must not be awake yet! you were talking about fall 2011. wow – that is kinda scary that 2011 is booking up so quickly! the later part of my post still applies, but now i’m nervous too! hahha!

The topic ‘Fall 2011 Dates Getting Booked!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors