(Closed) Fall 2012 or Spring 2013 for a July 2013 dress?! SO CONFUSED PLEASE HELP!

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
1361 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I don’t think you should worry too much about seasons, unless you want a REALLY trendy dress or REALLY want a brand new designer dress.  Just shop for your dress whenever you’re ready and buy one you like. 

Post # 5
4150 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I wouldn’t worry about what season the dress came out or was meant for.  You’ll most likely try on dresses from all different seasons and just find one you love.  I never noticed the season of either of the wedding dresses I bought – when I was trying to sell the first, I found out that it was from Fall 2011 (which was current at that time), and the one I ended up buying and keeping is actually from a couple years ago.  Didn’t know any of that at the time and it didn’t affect anything. 

Post # 6
2086 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012 - Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards

They will start hitting the stores in trunk shows this summer.  Some designers will discontinue unpopular styles from past collections, but most are available for multiple years.

If you find yourself gravitating towards a certain designer, you’ll love the trunks shows, when the entire collection is brought in for a short period of time.  After that, the shop chooses a few samples to carry.

Post # 8
332 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I was wondering about this as well.  I saw some Alfred Angelo dresses in the Spring 2013 collection that I would love to try on! But I have no idea when they’ll be arriving in stores or if I would have enough time to try them and order them before my wedding.

The topic ‘Fall 2012 or Spring 2013 for a July 2013 dress?! SO CONFUSED PLEASE HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors