Fall 2014 Brides- what is your bridal party wearing?

posted 3 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 2
1583 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I’m getting married in November and the girls will be wearing a deep red/burgundy colour (we haven’t bought them yet lol). I’m leaving it up to the girls if they want to wear long or short. I just want the same colour and fabric – the dresses don’t have to match.

Post # 3
1466 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

vmason009:  Here’s my thought: different colors could get really complicated to sort out- who gets what color, what goes with what. For myself personally it would be a nightmare because I like to keep things simple. 

I went with same color different dresses and it was so easy! I picked the designer (Alfred Sung) and color and fabric, and my BMs have 20 different dresses to choose from. I think they were very happy about it! 

Post # 4
1888 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I have one BM so I picked out the color (oddly enough the color that the model is wearing) and then sent her an email with three possible choices. She picked the one she liked.  We’re going with an AA dress even though I’m a DB bride.

Post # 5
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I tossed and turned many nights over bridesmaids dresses, I did not want my girls to spend a ton of money nor did I want them to wear something that screamed bridesmaid, so I went with Rent the Runway where they can get gorgeous high end couture designer dresses for under $100, so they can feel beautiful.

Here is the dress I chose ( there are also some beautiful Bagdley Mischka sequin dresses on there I loved as well) https://www.renttherunway.com/shop/designers/nhakhanh_dresses/noirtimelesslovegown

Post # 7
1583 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

nawella:  I’m leaning Alfred Sung as well.

Post # 9
337 posts
Helper bee

DoYouLikeGuacamole:  Thanks. My little junior bridesmaids are actually wearing the shorter versions of the dresses and they are so excited!

Post # 12
337 posts
Helper bee

vmason009:  just make sure that your chosen dress comes in a wide array of sizes, also it gives you some “stylist note” and also some reviews from people who have rented in the past.  I put all my bridesmaids requirements and sizes into the search as well as my desired color and dresses popped out which would be good choices.

Post # 13
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Church

vmason009:  The girls are wearing an oasis colour (it is along the same lines as a teal but more blue) and long satin. I am getting married in October. Rich colours are always a good go-to for fall.

Post # 14
110 posts
Blushing bee

Love your bouquets/boutineeres! Did you order them or DIY?

I also am getting married this fall (November 15th) and I have three bridesmaids. They will be wearing a convertible maxi length wrap dress in either a deep red or a champagne color.

I love the way mismatched but coordinating dresses look.

As far as the difficulty of wrapping, we are taking them to my seamstress to have tiny pieces of velcro put in on the inside to help them stay in place/make them easier to put on the day of. We are also purchasing bralettes in the color of the dress to minimize the chance of any odd bits showing.

Post # 15
2831 posts
Sugar bee

my two bridesmaids are wearing this dress, in plum: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Long-Strapless-Chiffon-Dress-with-Pleated-Bodice-F15555_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Long-Bridesmaid-Dresses

the guys are wearing the dark grey vera wang black tux from men’s wearhouse. haven’t decided on ties yet. the girls are carrying cala lily bouquets (a mix of red, orange, and plum cala lilies), and the guys will have cala lily bouts (groom will have orange, best man will have purple, my brother will have cream).

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors