Fall 2015 brides. . .what are you planning now?

posted 3 years ago in September 2015
Post # 2
866 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

September 2015 Bride here! So far I have holds on two Venues, researched photographers (will make the choice soon) and next we are going to check out DJ’s. Things book up so fast in advance where I am so we need to book all of the big things fast! 

Post # 3
51 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

October 2015 bride here! I’m at pretty much the exact same spot as the previous poster- we’ve put down a deposit on our venue/date and are now researching photographers and DJs. I feel once I have those 3 big things squared away, I’ll probably take a break from planning for a while and just sit back and enjoy our long engagement. 🙂

Post # 4
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Im a august 2015 bride and so far I have the venue, photographer, videographer and event coordinator that will cover the decor and help me the day of and I  just found the bridesmaid dresses last week. I start school this summer so I really wanted to get some things out of the way to avoid stress of planning 

Post # 5
51 posts
Worker bee

I’ve been engaged since October 2013& the only thing I have booked is the engagement photographer. This makes me really worried. perhaps, I should start venue shopping. the hard part is that I’m getting married in my hometown which is 5 hours away. Just have to find a good weekend to visit venues

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  whattobee.
Post # 6
8 posts
Newbee

October 2015 bride here! I’ve been engaged for a year and we have the venue,dj, photographer, videographer, and transportation for the wedding party.  I’m really happy that we’ve decided to have a long engagement because we’ve been able to book things a little at a time and are able to save and enjoy our enagagement and planning 🙂

Post # 7
7 posts
Newbee

jwbkmk2015: I got engaged this past August and am getting married September 2015. So far I’ve booked the venue, photographer, officiant, decor company, stationery company, DJ and cake maker. I think I’m in pretty good shape. 

Post # 8
1465 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

jwbkmk2015:  We got engaged on January 5th of this year, getting married November 7, 2015. We’ve got our venue booked (which is mostly inclusive – so that takes care of all the big stuff except the photographer(s) and the officiant). FI is supposed to be researching photographers but I haven’t seen much progress lol, so that’ll be the next big deposit hopefully. We’ve found our invitations on etsy, as well as a bunch of other super cute decor that we like but haven’t bought yet. Ordered bridesmaids dress swatches (planning on asking BMs and GMs over the summer). I have a dress but I’m having dress regret and fell in love with a fellow Bee’s dress and am now going to a trunk show to see that dress in June lol. I feel like we haven’t really done a whole lot but thinking about all the research and stuff we know we’re going to buy…we kind of have done quite a bit. I’m hoping the next 18 months goes by fast AND slow at the same time! It’ll be here before we know it!

Post # 9
132 posts
Blushing bee

September 12, 2015. 🙂

We have the church, reception, and photographer booked thus far. Mom and I are still working on the caterer, and are planning to start looking at wedding dresses in the coming weeks. I’m in the process of booking the engagement photo session for September 2014. 🙂

Post # 10
15 posts
Newbee

Hi there! We’ve booked our venue for 10-10-15 🙂 Definitely a big relief to have that out of the way! Photography is the most important thing to me (besides marrying my fiance of course) for our wedding so we have also booked our photographer. A lot of vendors we’ve talked with have said how many people are opting for longer engagements so 2015 is booking quick already!

Post # 11
518 posts
Busy bee

We got engaged on March 24, 2014 and will be getting married on September 19, 2015.  So far we’ve booked the church, reception hall, photographer, and caterer, and I found my wedding dress!  So many exciting things in just two months.  The next steps are probably DJ and flowers, then I want to ask our bridal party to be in the wedding and think about bridesmaid dresses.

I feel like the ceremony and reception venues are your first priority.  After those are taken care of then photographer, caterer, and DJ should come next, as those vendors may only be able to do 1 wedding a day, and could book early.

Best of luck in your planning!!

Post # 12
1043 posts
Bumble bee

Sept. 26th 15 <br /><br />Not a whole lot set in stone yet… <br /><br />-Went dress shopping this weekend (&I think I found it 🙂 )<br />- Hoping to book the recpetion venue this saturday after a tour just to check it out first..<br />- Also hoping to book the pastor this weekend after the venue is cleared<br />- I think Bridesmaids and mother have their dresses and groomsmen are picked out ( nothing orderd though )<br />- Catering decided but, not ordered since we do not have a number<br /><br />

Post # 13
446 posts
Helper bee

October 10 here!  I have a venue and a dress, and that’s pretty much it.  Since my venue is all inclusive (hotel), I really just need the big things as well at this point – photographer, DJ, and officiant. 

Post # 14
88 posts
Worker bee

Also a Sept 12th bride! We’ve been engaged since last July and have our venue (includes catering), wedding planner, photographer, and band booked.  Looking into florists now.  I also have my dress too!  Hoping to book our engagement photo session this September.

jwbkmk2015:  I would say whatever is important to you, start looking now to ensure you’ll be able to book a vendor you love. Photography is the most important for me so that was the first thing we booked after our venue!

Post # 15
3201 posts
Sugar bee

I am getting married October 24, 2015. So far I have:

• selected our date ^^
  • booked our venue
  • squared away our bridal party
  • squared away our officiant
  • booked our cake/cupcakes
  • booked our caterer
  • booked our photographer
  • booked our hotel room block
  • purchased my wedding dress
  • collected 300+ brooches for a brooch bouquet
  • registered
  • starting gathering a lot of our decor items

Still to do: 

We are meeting with a videographer next week, as well as a DJ/Photobooth. I think once I have the DJ squared away I’ll feel a little better. I think once I have made deposits on all of the big things and have gotten everything booked, I am going to start paying everything off. Our goal is to have the wedding paid in full (or as full as possible) one month before the wedding. I keep going back and forth between “Oh we have so much time” to “THERE IS NO TIME I NEED TO GET THIS DONE NOW.”

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors