Fall 2015, Status Report!!

posted 2 years ago in September 2015
Post # 2
8071 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

HonoraryNerd:  Hi early bird! Its you and me!

I am Sept 26th 15, and I’ve booked…. the venue (botanical garden in KY), caterer, florist, photog, video, band, and planner. Almost the rentals but thats been a back and forth headache because we’re having a tent reception.

Right now my biggest task is compiling all the addresses for our engagement party! His parents are throwing us one in Nov at their swanky country club. Very excited, and I remind myself all this address work now means less later for the wedding. I also need to find a dress for it! Been watching fall fashions like a hawk.

Its so exciting. All of it.

Post # 3
1043 posts
Bumble bee

Sept 26th…&..I have…. my dress, a reception venue, have formally asked all of the bridal party but 2 ( will be done in the next two weekends) …. <br /><br />Things 1/2 done… <br />idea of bridesmaid dresses, most decorations planned out, I k now what food I wannnnnntttt<br /><br />Thats about it…. I have been pretty busy between workin 3:30am-4:30pm then class till 8pm to finsih my undergrad and also  moving all leadingup the a close this weekend…. hopefully now I can start to enjoy planning more :)<br /><br />

Post # 4
637 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - Ceremony and Reception: Historic mansion on the water

9/5/15 here.  Things are going well so far.  The main stress I am having is with my fiance.  He is so busy that I can’t get him to focus on making any decision but he says for me to just be happy and plan the wedding that I want.  He will write the check.  🙂   So far I’ve booked the venue (the FH did go with me to choose the venue), booked the photographer, and hired the WP.  I purchased both my ceremony and reception dress.  My bridal party is set and their dresses taken care of.  I am now working on finding a DJ and videographer and am thinking of sending out STDs.  

Post # 5
1701 posts
Bumble bee

9/18/15 paid off our venue, florist, Dj. We put a deposit on out photographer and videographer. I got my dress yesterday at the end of the month I will ask my friends to be my bridesmaids and work on finding their dress

Post # 6
333 posts
Helper bee

mine is 9/19/15 and i have a dress (picked out at least) and venue booked! you ladies are making me fee  like i am running behind 🙂

Post # 7
812 posts
Busy bee

09/05/2015- Have the Venue, Bridesmaids and groomsmen notified, wedding dress, website, save the dates, and bridesmaids colors picked out. But according to the list on theknot.com I am kinda behind? LOL.

Post # 8
40 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2017 - Kimmel Center of Performing Arts

HELLO FELLOW SEPT. BRIDES! YOU LADIES ARE ON THE BALL! MY DATE IS SEPT. 06, 2015. SO FAR I HAVE THE VENUE, CATER, DJ, PHOTOGRAPHER DEPOSIT PUT DOWN, BM & GM NOTIFIED, THEIR DRESSES PICKED UP WE JUST HAVE TO GO TRY THEM ON. RIGHT NOW WE ARE WORKING ON GETTING OUR ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS TAKEN NEXT WEEKEND AND WORKING ON THE SAVE THE DATES NOW. I PLAN TO GO SHOPPING FOR MY WEDDING DRESS IN SEPTEMBER 

Post # 9
520 posts
Busy bee

We have our church, reception venue, photographer, caterer, my wedding dress, engagement photos done, and we’re in the process of asking our bridal party – I’ve gotten a yes from all my girls! Next big thing we’re trying to figure out is the DJ, and then we’ll move onto bridesmaid dresses and flowers. 🙂 Oh and a complete guest list!  That’s gonna be a big job because I have a huge family, haha.

Post # 10
8071 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Booked my ceremony/happy hour musicians. Also we decided were officially calling it happy hour not cocktail hour. Because why not! We love happy hour. 

Post # 11
164 posts
Blushing bee

Yikes this thread stresses me out!!! We just booked our venue for September 12, 2015 and that’s all I’ve done. I thought I was doing good- guess I gotta pick it up!

Post # 12
304 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Contemporary Art Center of Peoria

holycrapimgettingmarried:  I feel the same!!! I clicked in this thread to comment and baghhh SO BEHIND OMG. Un-official date is sept 26 2015. I have my dress, picked out the girls dresses. I have yet to see any ceremony or reception sites but we think we have them picked out. I emailed the photographer today. Going to see the reception place on Saturday. My dad’s BFF will be out caterer. So thats kind of checked off? It’s like it’s all planned in my head I just have to get everything on paper lol!! I have bought a few vases for centerpieces. And researched a LOT on DIYing my own flowers. 

Post # 13
397 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Hanover Grande Ballroom

october 18th here.

we have our venue and photographer picked. I have my dress and I am brainstorming centerpieces and little details!

Post # 14
2105 posts
Buzzing bee

This thread makes me feel super behind! We are planning to have a fall wedding next year but i can’t start planning anything as we aren’t officially engaged. He needs to get on the ball!!!

Post # 15
1666 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

HonoraryNerd:  November 7, 2015 over here! As of right now I have my dress and we have the venue (deposit has been paid). We still need to formally set the time for the ceremony and reception, but there isn’t a huge rush on that because they only host one event per day. Other than that we’ll be looking at photographers and DJs this fall and we’ll be asking our wedding party people this winter – my sister gets married this year and I want to focus on her wedding before mentioning too much about mine. 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors