Post # 1
Hey girlies 🙂 I know I’ve been super quiet over here but I read the thread every day! I want to do a better job of posting and not just reading so I’m starting the new thread.
Why don’t we share the top 5 things on our Before Baby Arrives To Do List!
-NURSERY (we’re moving into our new house this weekend so we’ll finally be able to start)
-Childbirth Classes (start in 2 weeks)
-Pre-register at the hospital (doing this at 32 weeks)
-Unpack the rest of the house (since I know there’s no way it’ll get done with a newborn)
-Save more $$$$
Post # 3
Top 5 Things (Out of about 1 bajillion):
- Set up the nursery
- Finish buying baby gear
- Order newborn cloth diapers
- Take childbirth class
- Go for a weekend away with the hubby – preferably somewhere with a pool!
Post # 4
Good on you Elly, starting a new thread. We should probably do a stat check in soon too. Here is my to do list:
1. Find a great pediatrician who circumcizes (started but still waiting because my husbands insurance may change)
2. Pack my hospital bag
3. begin perenial massage this week
4. Get a good nursing chair.
5. Give birth plan to nurses at hospital (Doc already has)
34 weeks on Sunday1 44 days till EDD. Kind of amazing.
Post # 5
– Finish nursery (it is 90% done)
– push my walking to 3m a day (I promised myself I would up it at the 3rd tri mark and again at full term)
-Pre-register at the hospital
-pack my hospital bag and buy all my “travel sized” toiletries for that
-treat myself to a new (plain) wedding band that I can wear instead of my current one (I fear loosing it after mommy-hood makes me very absent minded and busy)
I have to admit…I am getting antsy to meet baby! I still have lots to do and I value my ALONE time VERY VERY much…but at the same time, I am starting to picture his beautiful little face and I want to hold him! 🙂
Post # 6
– start and finish nursery… we are almost ready!!!
-start child birth classes
-meet with peditrician
– meet with peditric surgeon
– exercise more to get in shape for labor!!! Getting Nervous!!!!!!
Post # 7
14 weeks to go over here!
– Start and finish nursery!
– Get a chair for the nursery (now have all other furniture)
– Childbirth Classes (August)
– Pick pediatrician
– Pack hopsital bad
– Hand up wedding pictures (must do before baby comes or else they will never go up)
Post # 8
Sorry i’ve been so quiet. Had a bit of a rough week. Starting to get extremely uncomfortable and sore and quite miserable! We also celebrated our one year anniversary this past week but it was kind of sucky because we couldn’t really do much since I was feeling so yucky! We went to the OB on tuesday and things are still moving along. It seems as though she has flipped and is now breech and he seems to think it was because he head couldn’t fit in my pelvis and she was too uncomfortable so she flipped around to try and get more comfortable. It looks as tho I will now be having a scheduled c because he doesn’t think she will fit. She is also already 6 1/2 pounds and I am only 34 weeks (tomorrow!!!). So as of now, we will be meeting our litle girl in about 3-4 weeks depending on how big she gets. At this point we really dont have much more to do. Her room is pretty well done, just waiting for her mattress to come and tidy it up a bit. We put her car seat in last weekend and we are done our prenatal classes and our hospital tour so now we just wait!!!! And I am NOT a very good waiter!!!
Post # 9
@Danielle81: That is so exciting… I’m sure you are not super excited about a c-section but having a time frame is so cool!!! At least you know you won’t be uncomfortable and past your due date. Congrats on having so much ready!! That is my goal for 34 weeks…. we will see!
Post # 10
Argh, just ate my post!
1) Register (tomorrow) – shower is first week of Sept
2) After registering, I’ll know what I need to buy myself
3) Trip planned for Boston/NYC (to get baby stuff and 1 year anniversary)
4) CLEAN OUT all the junk we don’t need in house and get nursery together.
5) Childbirth classes start in Sept (feels SOOO late).
Post # 11
– Buy stuff we still need for the baby (newborn diapers, baby bathtub, etc.) and a birth ball
– Pack my hospital bag and fill out the birth plan
– Make and freeze a whole bunch of meals
– Do as much work as I can!
@Danielle81: wow you’re little girl sure is big! Perhaps maybe a miracle will happen and she’ll flip back down and you won’t need a C-section. Fingers crossed.
Post # 12
1. Finish decorating her nursery
2. Finish buying stuff we need (baby shower is in 2 weeks)
3. Pack my hospital bag
4. Childcare classes
5. Make and freeze meals
Post # 13
@Running Elley: What were the bras you recommended? I didn’t want to give up my underwires but Darling Husband has convinced me it’s time to put comfort first. I can’t for the life of me remember what brand you recommended. Thanks!
Post # 14
34 weeks on Monday! I’m sure there’s a ton of stuff that I still need to do that hasn’t even crossed my mind yet! Only 4 weeks left to go!
1. Pack hospital bag!
2. Finish organizing baby clothes/put away ones that are too big for now.
3. Install car seat bases/get inspected by firemen/policemen/whoever else is qualified.
4. Sanitize and clean breast pump.
5. Start preparing/cooking freezer meals and buy a chest freezer for said meals and breastmilk stash.
Post # 15
@carriejuly: Thanks Carrie! I am a planner so i needed everything done. I was the same with my wedding! But the bad thing is that now I just sit and wait until my c section and i have nothing to do! Oddly enough I have no interest in cooking and preparing meals even though that should be at the top of my list!!!
@baybee510: Yes, she certainly is. I also have type one diabetes which could be why she is so big but my blood sugars have been pretty good so my endo and diabetes centre nurses aren’t quite sure how she got so big! I am also tiny so I don’t know how much bigger I can get over the next few weeks. I am hoping I dno’t get too much bigger. I also know that ultrasounds are not the most reliable source of measurement so we wait and see!
Post # 16
@TurtleDoves: I’m getting antsy to meet my boys too… as much as I want my sleep and whatnot! 🙂
@Danielle81: How exciting that you get to meet your LO in 3-4 weeks. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that she flips to head down to keep you from needing a c-section!
@baybee510: Do you have a bunch of recipes for freezer meals? I’m on the hunt!