Post # 1
It looks like a lot of the baby boards have moved to Facebook, so I’m adding this board for those of us who want to stay on the bee! It looks like several of the boards have died, so I didn’t want to make this exclusively for a particular month… maybe “Oct-Dec-ish babies”?
So, tell us a little about yourself:
1. Due Date
2. Favorite/least favorite thing about being pregnant
3. “Best” piece of unsolicited advice/pregnancy comment received
4. Thing that you are most excited about!
Post # 2
1. Due 27 November but it seems like most people’s first child comes late so it’s really likely to be born in early December, unless I have a scheduled caesar. December is getting warm in Australia but not too insufferable. I think November is a nice time to be heavily pregnant 🙂
2. Favourite: day-dreaming of the future baby and it’s place in our little family. Least favourite: feeling fat and worrying about career time off, return etc.
3. ‘Best’ piece of advice…I don’t know if I have one!
4. Most excited about having everyone meet the baby and seeing people bond with him/her. especially our dog! I’m pretty excited to have a definite bump too. I think I’m a while off but friends keep saying they can see one.
Post # 3
1. Due November 15th.
2. Favorite thing about being pregnant: knowing there is a little baby growing inside of me. Least favorite: insomnia/uncomfortable sleep..
3. Haven’t really had any advice/comments yet.
4. I’m most excited about having a baby. 🙂 We’re team green so I’m excited to find out what we’re having.
Post # 4
I guess I could have put my own info… 🙂
1. Due Date: December 3
2. Favorite/least favorite thing about being pregnant: Favorite – my husband is so excited, it just makes me even happier! Least favorite: nausea/headaches that won’t let up
3. “Best” piece of unsolicited advice/pregnancy comment received: “be prepared, but don’t start too early, but don’t wait TOO long.” Um, ok…
4. Thing that you are most excited about! : finding out the sex!
Post # 5
1. My due date is October 4.
2. My favorite thing about being pregnant is feeling my princess moving inside of me. Knowing that my husband and I created this little miracle. My least favorite thing about being pregnant is gaining so much weight. I’ve been gaining weight a little too quickly and I just feel uncomfortable.
3. The “Best” piece of unsolicited advice/pregnancy comment received would have to be to make sure I read to her and talk to her, because she can hear me.
4. The thing that I am most excited about is finally meeting her 🙂
Post # 6
AnonymousCupcake: Thank you for starting up a late 2014 board – I’m not a huge fan of Facebook so I’m so happy that I can now continue the mum talk here on the bee!
Truffle-hunter: Date twins!
Due Date: 27th of November according to the doctor, but I have a feeling that it might be a little later as my cycles are longer.
Favorite/least favorite thing about being pregnant: I used to be horrible sick, so until I got on medication there was simply nothing positive that I could say about it – all the joy sort of went out the door the day I woke up and couldn’t sit up without throwing up. Now I’ve been on meds for about 3 weeks and life is slowly returning! The thing I like most so far is the fact that my husband is so happy that other people tells him he’s glowing! 🙂
“Best” piece of unsolicited advice/pregnancy comment received: None so far. I’ve got a bunch of crap ones though. We’re right in the middle of a move as our rental got huge pluming problems and my grandma and MIL keep telling me that “You shouldn’t over work yourself”… well, easy to say for anyone that’s not in a house with a basement with a sewage flood!
Thing that you are most excited about! Finding out the gender of our baby when it’s born, become a mum, seeing my husbands face when he holds our baby for the first time… And then just having this little person in our life that we can teach everything we know!
Post # 7
eocenia: I am so glad you are not feeling so sick these days. MS is brutal for some people, it isn’t fair!
Are you happy to move into your new place? Do you have a nursery?
Post # 8
Truffle-hunter: It really was brutal, and for me it was a chock that you could be sick 24/7. Before this I though, worst-case scenario, that I would be sick for a few hours in the morning and then life would go on like normal… Anyway, the medication has really turned things around and now I’m slowly gaining weight again so I’m happy about that.
And we’re moving into a temporary place, a basement apartment, while we’re searching for a house that we’ll buy. I’m very excited about getting our first house (we’ll definitely have a nursery) – but quite excited about the basement apartment as well! At this point… anything that has functional pluming is more or less wonderful! For the last few weeks my husband has been the one man plumbing system in our house, vacuuming sewage water with a wet vac from one end of the basement and dumping it in the other end (the stop is under the house). It has been a nightmare, and when we realized that our landlord would do anything about it we decided to move out asap – that was a week ago. So this move has been rather intense to say the least, no time to kick up my feet and relax!
What about you – are you planning your nursery already?
Post # 9
1. Due Date September 23.
2. Favorite/least favorite thing about being pregnant I love being pregnant for the most part. It’s exciting. It’s fun to see all the changes in my body. I LOVE feeling my baby move around in there, and I love the anticipation of finding out what we’re having, what the baby will look like, etc.<br />Least favorite part: the health complications. I still have morning sickness and I have kidney complications (I also had kidney problems in my first pregnancy).
3. “Best” piece of unsolicited advice/pregnancy comment received Educate yourself & be prepared, but also learn to go with the flow.
4. Thing that you are most excited about! Welcoming another member to our family & finding out the sex!
<div style=”overflow: hidden; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;”> </div>
Post # 10
urchin: I had awful MS, too, and zofran didn’t always help (and now I can’t get it filled for whatever reason). I hope yours does go away!
Post # 11
AnonymousCupcake: Not sure if you still struggle with MS, but in case you do – try to get hold of diclectin. My OB gave me a prescription for it and it honestly felt like I came back to life again.
Post # 12
I’m due this August, can I still join y’all? I miss the bee baby boards!
Post # 13
AnonymousCupcake: eocenia: I think Diclectin is only available in Canada. That’s what I was taking earlier in my pregnancy. It did help the nausea, but it made me so tired and zombie-like that I couldn’t get through a work day. I had to stop taking it!
Luckily I think *knock on wood* that mine is finally going away for the most part. I never had morning sickness with my first pregnancy…this time it has been brutal!
Post # 14
cant.wait.to.be.mrs.d: Didn’t start the thread, but I definitely think you can! Then you can give us all good advice when we’re getting closer to our dates! 🙂
urchin: Ah, didn’t realize that. As for the drowsiness, yes, I’m experiencing that as well. I’m on four tablets a day, and I generally sleep 12 hours per day. Way more than I normally do, but I take that any day compared to how awful I felt before. Of course it helps that I’m just staying at home at the moment, I’m not sure I would have been able to take the full dosage and pull off a 9-5 workday. Glad to hear that you’re feeling better without the aid of meds!
Post # 15
1. Due date: August 20
2. Favorite/least favorite thing about being pregnant: I love feeling him moving around all the time, but the heartburn and not being able to keep up my normal day (running, getting stuff done, being on my feet for longer than a few hours) are starting to take their toll.
3. “Best” piece of unsolicited advice/pregnancy comment received: That everyone is going to have an opinion about how to raise this kid and it will be easier if I learn how to just smile and nod. I’m currently honing those skills since my in laws alternate between “omg you’re so big! You’ll never make it to August” and “you aren’t eating enough. You know you need to eat to take care of the baby.”
4. Thing that you are most excited about!: Finally meeting this little guy! I can’t wait to get to know the little person that’s been dancing away in there!
just for funsies, here is a picture from last weeks ultrasound