- 2 years ago
Hi Everyone… I used to be a bee back in 2009-2010 before my first and second marriages to the same man.. lol But now i’m back and we are looking to renew our vows in June of 2015.
Some back story: We were engaged in ’09 and were married in a small private ceremony at my moms house because of insurance reasons and a surgery I needed. 6 months later, we were married in front of all of our fam/friends, most of them unaware about wedding #1. Both were pretty stressful times and quite frankly, not what we truly wanted for our big day unfortunately. My brother and his gf of 3+ yrs decided they wanted to get married 7/2016 someplace here in NY so my husband and I thought we were free & clear to do what we really wanted for ourselves in Summer of 2015 in Cape Cod, our fave place in the world. Then this Spring, they changed their minds and said they wanted it to be 7/2015 in Cape Cod! I lost my mind a little bit, threw my hands up and said nevermind… you win, you guys do it, our renewal is off. Needless to say my brother/fiance and my husband and I haven’t really spoken since, but there is more to that and there isn’t enough space here to go into all of it.. LOL! Last month my mom tells me that my brother/fiance have changed their minds again due to money and they are trying to move out of my moms house, so they are waiting now until 2016. I didnt react much because clearly they aren’t very dependable in the decision making process. But I have started thinking about it again and that kind of brings me to now……That brings me to now…
For those of you who are renewing vows or have already done so… are/have any of you done a beach ceremony?
This is what we are looking to do:
– No more than 20 ppl in attendance
– 20 min beach ceremony on the ocean or bay
– I’m looking for a light (chifon maybe) beach wedding dress, under $250 and I’m a plus size woman so that’s not easy to find.
– My husband plans to wear a linen suit or something similar
– Ideally we’d like sunrise or sunset ceremony
– Depending on sunrise/sunset we’d either have a simple buffet breakfast meal or sit-down dinner meal
– Alcohol will only be wine or beer. Soda, Juice, Water for non alcohol beverages
– As much as I’d love to, we are not getting new rings due to cost
– I can and will DIY all/most STD cards, favors, decor and flower arrangements
– Would like to hire a (local to Cape Cod) aspiring photog. who is looking for a way to build his or her portfolio for 2-3 hours to photograph our day
– Someone to play ukelele or guitar for the ceremony and then I will likely Ipod the meal and get-together afterward
Does anyone know of what else I might be missing, or have any suggestions on what I can do to cut costs or save money?
My husband and I want to do this 6/6/15 which is a Saturday and technically should still be off-season on the Cape so things (should) be a little cheaper than in-season. We are planning to move to Florida end of Aug or early Sept of 2015 so money is mostly being saved for the move and my husband, though wanting to renew our vows badly, wants to be sure we are being clear-headed about the budget and keeping our move in mind.
Any information/advice/suggestions/commradery welcome and much appreciated 🙂