(Closed) Fanal/ White One 411 brides, did/are you wearing a sash?

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I almost bought this dress, but at teh last minute, found a different one.  I was gonna wear it with a sash, but my friends/family thought it looked too distracting and that the dress was gorgeous enough on its own.   The reason I found a differnt one is because I felt like I had to “add” something to the fanal….like somethign was missing…Do you have a pic of the sash or flower with it??  Also I don’t see a pic of the dress at all in your post.

Post # 5
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I would say no to a sash, but perhaps a flower would look good.  I must say I do love it with nothing at all as well!!

Post # 6
187 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I think this would be STUNNING with a crystal belt. It is stunning anyway, but I think that would give it a little extra something and would look fantastic 🙂

Post # 7
536 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I’m not a fan of the sash.  Do the belt.  It will give it the perfect amount of bling.

Post # 8
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Not sure I can add much to the conversation, but I wore White One 411 for my August wedding, sans sash. I tried on a sash at one point when buying the dress and thought it looked terrible on me… it broke up the lovely lines of the dress and segmented my body into unflattering pieces, if that makes sense. On the other hand, another bride was buying the dress when I went back for a fitting, and she decided to get this big flowery sash with it, so there are definitely brides out there who it works for. Also, in the interest of full disclosure, part of the reason I fell in love with the dress was its simplicity, so that probably affected my judgment about the sash as well.

Have you already purchased the dress? Can you go to the shop and try it with some sort of sash? The best way to judge would probably see how the dress and sash work together on you.

Post # 10
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Here’s my Fanal at the first fitting.  I am altering the neckline to be a little more sweetheart and am wearing a bling belt.  I like the little extra to the dress but it does look good without it.  It just all depends on what your preference is.  Let us  Bees know what you decide to do!

[attachment=1387255,176167]

Post # 11
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I got the fanal and opted for no sash.  I think the dress’s lines and draping has enough of an oomph factor, and I’m planning to have some gorgeous earrings, necklace, etc.  The only accessory I’m thinking of adding to the dress itself is MAYBE a brooch where all of the fabric kind of meets on the one hip, if that makes sense.  We’ll see. 

Similarly to erinmarie, I took off the sample gown and handed it off to another bride who was shopping.  As I was filling out the purchasing paperwork, I saw her in it with a belt.  She obviously loved the look, while I preferred the dress by itself.  I think the best way for you to figure it all out is to try it on with some belts/sashes and see what gets you most excited.

Post # 12
1701 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I really like it plain myself.  However, I would definitely do something dramatic with a veil/headpiece/shoes.

Post # 13
661 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

I personally love it without anything – it really does have that modern, elegance to it.  But, if you decide to keep the diamond sash, that’s really really pretty as well.  Makes it a little more flashier (not much, but enough to stand out).

Definitely let us know what you’re going to do!

Post # 14
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I’m wearing the white one 411 in ivory with an ivory flora/crystal embellished sash. here is a pic at my “try-on” appointment (1st fitting not until may! phew, have some time to hit the gym 🙂 ) 

ps the attendant who tied the sash in the back didnt really put it as off center as id put it.  when i go back for my try ons, and before they sew it into the dress, ill make sure its a little more to the left side. i think it will look better that way.  hair will be up in wedding, it is down here for the try on.

sorry pic is sideways, not sure how to correct that

[attachment=1575106,196961]

Post # 15
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@xmofreshx:

I tried this on today at RK Bridal in Oyster and LOVED it! I really love the sash and I think the asymmetry of the flower enhances the lines of dress. I never thought I’d like something like this but it’s just so flattering, elegant and timeless!

Post # 16
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@AJoy77:

haha i think that is one of rkbridal’s “go to” dresses bc that was where i am getting my dress and the sash/belt too!!!  i tried it on in oyster also haha we prob tried on the same dress! i went to rk bc theyre the only store in manhattan that carries watters and watters and wtoo, and i went there and tried on so many of their dresses and a bunch of others thinking i wanted a totally diff style but then the attendant showed me this one and i fell in love with it!  i couldve walked the whole store in it. 🙂

The topic ‘Fanal/ White One 411 brides, did/are you wearing a sash?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors