Fashion trends you hope go away in 2014!

posted 3 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
2687 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Ketchum, ID

@freshflowers:  Dear God I can’t wait until the stupid oversized cropped t-shirts go away. American Eagle is notoroious for it. Why make a shirt that’s like XXL, but then have it show your stomach?! I HATE IT lol. Mostly because I always have trouble with shirts fitting me properly due to my body type, so it’s frustrating. 

Post # 4
385 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I second patterened skinny jeans! And patterned leggings…. Don’t like it! 

Post # 5
8016 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

Ha! I’ve been enjoying the skinny patterned pants (but it has to be styled right).

I am sick of peplum! And ombre hair.

Post # 6
3280 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I’ve never seen patterned skinny jeans! Lol I hope the whole Aztec/Mexican pattern clothes go away

Post # 7
2687 posts
Sugar bee

@MrsN14:  oh gosh, I totally agree with that, too. 

Post # 8
1168 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I HATE shirts shorter in the front than in the back….. I have a few and wear them. But I hate this style. I don’t think it’s flattering on anyone. 

Post # 9
2474 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Leggings as pants (patterned or not) needs to stop. Doesn’t look good on anyone. Say it with me – JEANS. Not leggings.

I like peplum dresses, but think peplum shirts are just completely ridiculous looking. 

Post # 11
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

@mrspinesol:  +100! Those belly shirt things are so funky! I constantly joke with DH that I’m going to buy one and wear it around the mall on a Saturday…

Post # 12
2687 posts
Sugar bee

@StephieBee:  aw, I’m literally just ordering VS’s new yoga shorts. 🙁 Oh well, they’re comfortable, and they look good, and they’re comfortable, haha. 

Post # 13
1640 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Rustic mill, historical site

Skinny jeans in general.

I do have the body type to pull it off, I’m skinny, but I do have some curves, and I’ve very fit… But I’m not comfortable wearing them I feel they make my hips and thighs look bigger than they are in comparison to my skinny calves and ankles.   

Try going shopping and looking for non-skinny jeans styles.   There will be racks and racks of skinny jeans, and like, one style of non-skinny jeans, none in my size.

Also, LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS, hahahahha.  I cannot wait for that trend to go away.   I think wearing leggings with a tunic is ok, but like, not with a short sweater, IMO it just looks like the person forgot to put pants on.

Post # 14
8016 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

@freshflowers:  freshflowers you of all people should love those! lol

oddly patterned top is where they have it wrong! An oversized black sweater and motorcycle boots and I might wear those pants (if they were a better floral)

Post # 16
2113 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Underbutt.

I feel like there’s an unspoken social agreement that we don’t show our ass cheeks in public, and when I see your super short booty shorts with your tight little cheeks hanging out it makes me wonder if you should be sititng in public spaces. It also makes me wish I had your tight little cheeks.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors