(Closed) Father & Daughter

posted 9 years ago in Family
Post # 3
400 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

My dad has chosen the food, the reception location, has helped choose the invitations and is helping me chose what song to dance with him to.

Oh, and he picked the DJ.

He likes to be involved!

Post # 4
83 posts
Worker bee

My dad and I used to have this thing where we sat around and watched really old movies together. So I decided to go with "To Sir With Love" because that was one of my favourites back then

Post # 5
279 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

My dad is going to give a little welcome speech at the beginning of the reception (right after the first dance).

Post # 6
2725 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

My dad is involved a good bit. Since my mom died 5 years ago, he’s all I’ve got so I’ve been trying to included him a lot. He came with me when I ordered my dress and veil. He helped pick out the venue (and is helping pay). And he’s been giving me different ideas. I think he calls or emails at least a couple times a week with wedding related stuff! Oh and he gets to pick the song for the father daughter dance.

Post # 8
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

That’s so sweet! I love that song.

My dad’s favorite musicians are the Beatles and James Taylor, so we’ll either be dancing to "In My Life" or "You’ve got a Friend." He’s helping to pick, and we’re going to be taking dance lessons together so that we can really wow on the dance floor. Otherwise, he’s not really the wedding planning type. He just wants to see me happy and give me away. 🙂

Post # 9
813 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

My dad chimes in now and then, which is nice. I mostly ask my mom for advice, but my dad definitely gives us his opinion when we ask, or when he’s hanging out listening to us. Now that I think about it, I actually talk to him a lot about wedding stuff!

Tessabelle- that is so wonderful that your dad is so involved! 🙂 

The topic ‘Father & Daughter’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors