Post # 1
My workout playlist is getting a bit stale. I’ve recently started using Pandora, which is cool but I could really use an infusing of new music. Anyone care to share their top 10 workout songs? I’m not picky- I’m always open to new music! Thanks ladies!
Post # 3
Ooh, this sounds like a fun one. I hope more people respond. When I am just doing muscle work, I can listen to pretty much anything, providing it isn’t something I’ve heard a billion times (which unfortunately, is about 75% of my ipod). However, for cardio, particularly running on the treadmill since I hate it SO much, I need something loud and hard. So, here are my (perhaps slightly dated) top get-my-butt-moving songs:
1. Metallica- Until it Sleeps (this is by far the most badass song ever. I challenge anyone to listen to this song while driving or working out and not feel pretty feisty)
2. The Scorpions- Rock You Like a Hurricane
3. Guns and Roses- Mr. Brownstone (prob any GNR song will do)
4. Bush- Machinehead (believe me when that intro starts you’re going to kick up the speed of your cardio)
5. Drowning Pool- Let the Bodies Hit the Floor
6. Blondie- Call Me
And, honorable mention goes to Nine Inch Nails- Closer, and Adele- Rolling in the Deep- because neither were songs I really thought much of but they were both played in particularly badass scenes in two different movies and now I can’t hear either song without wanting to don a rubber suit, pick up a machine gun, and go hunt some bad guys like something out of a Tarantino movie.
Post # 4
@Tatum: Oooh! I love it! And Justice For All…is defintely one of my go to gym albums. I agree,Metallica is all around awesome for pretty much everything. I don’t mind cardio so much but I need something dance & pop-y to keep me going. Weight training is when I turn to loud and agressive.
Here’s mine at the moment (please don’t judge me :P):
1. Rise Against – Chamber the Cartridge
2. Linkin Park – What I’ve Done
3. Red Hot Chili Peppers – Snow (Hey Oh)
4. LMFAO – Sexy and I know It
5. DJ Tiesto – He’s a Pirate
6. Don Omar – Dana Kuduro
7. Showbiz & A.G – Soul Clap
8. La Roux – Bulletproof
9. Bon Jovi – Living on a Prayer
10. David Guetta – Love Don’t Let Me Go
Post # 5
Check out http://www.rockmyrun.com. They have free playlists that are anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 hour. It’s all great music and already edited to go with the tempo of your workout. I love the site!
Post # 6
@hnd6146: Oh that’s awesome! I’ll defintely check that out, thank you!
Post # 7
I know it sounds strange, but my favorite running playlist (the same one I’ve used on every run for the past 2 years)… is from a DJ! He’s a Los Angeles based DJ that calls himself DJ Mister E http://djmistere.com/ You can download his CDs free from his website, my absolute favorite is “A Little of This… ” I only listen for running, but it’s perfect. The tempo is just right, each song blends into the next so there’s no awkward slow starts, and it’s always the catchiest part of each song. It’s my secret weapon 🙂 And it’s ideal for longer runs, when I used to struggle to find enough motivating music without repeating songs. I definitely recommend checking out his stuff- he’s the only DJ I’ve ever enjoyed
Post # 8
Katy Perry ft Kanye- ET is a super song to run to, I was listening to it once with my boyfriend while we were running and he told me afterwards that while it was playing I started running considerably faster..
I usually listen to badass chick songs, haha like Rhianna-S&M, etc.
Good luck finding some good songs!
Post # 9
@hnd6146: Rockmyrun.com looks awesome! Totally using this from now on. Thanks!
Post # 10
Please note that I don’t judge these artists outside of their music… music is music to me.
1. Dreamer – Chris Brown (it helps to watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XX5vnm60os. I run a lot, and the montage always replays in my head when this song comes on… corny, i know, but totally keeps me going)
2. I’m Not Afraid – Eminem
3. Rock That Body – Black Eyed Peas
4. Stronger – Kanye West
5. Won’t Back Down – Eminem
6. Lose Yourself – Eminem
7. My Body – Young the Giant
8. Queen of the Night – Whitney Houston (lol when this song comes, I go extra hard and say to myself “this is for you, Whitney!”)
9. Girls on the Dance Floor – Far East Movement
10. Run This Town – Jay-Z
Post # 11
You guys have some really great song ideas. I never thought I would like anything but Rock to workout to, but I like the All I do is Win by DJ Khaled and I like how it feels with Pitbull and Enrique Iglesias. Push it by Static-X is a good one, Awake by Skillet and most Korn songs!