- Okole Maluna
- 8 years ago
- Wedding: June 2011
After obsessing over favor ideas for the last few days (equivalent of about 1 1/4 bottle of sauvignon-for those who have read my other post), I’ve decided that I’m just not doing them. At 125 guests x $5-8 per favor + the time involved, I decided the money would be better spent on one of these: http://www.strikeaposemaui.com/
It’s only a couple hundred more than what it would have cost to get other cool favors and I like this because:
- I love love love photos (as do most of my friends/family). One package allows for a duplicate photo and the original will be for me. (Perfect solution for picture thieves who never seem to get around to sending you a copy!)
- There’s another option to do a scrapbook (with supplies included) so that the guests can put their shots in the scrap book and write us funny/cute notes
- I don’t have to tie a single ribbon, stuff a single box, obsess about cookies/candies, or worry about how it will work into my theme, also–no extra fees for “personalization” on anything!
- It’s sure to be a favor that everyone will love-they get an instant photo booth pic to take home. I don’t have to drive myself crazy about whether or not people will like them
- Money better spent on this rather than some favor that people will throw away, talk crap about later at home, or leave on the tables
It’s funny because for as long as I can remember, anytime there was a party (50th bday, 10th anniversary, baptism, etc) I always brought a polaroid with tons of film, markers, and stickers then let my guests take random shots throughout the night and stick ’em in the scrapbook as a great keepsake for the guest of honor.
Check your local area to see if there are affordable ones out there-OR- go out and get a kodak easyshare set up (about $200 on amazon- http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-NEW-EasyShare-Printer-Dock/dp/B0001G6U7K) and photopaper/ink then go to the craft store and get some mounting squares, markers, glitter, etc.
So what I will likely do is set this up with the scrapbook table next to it and a box of fun props (boas, sunglasses, wigs), then instead of a favor at their seat, a short note with a flower letting them know that they can go have fun and make their own little memento at the photobooth located in the lobby. Hope this helps someone!