(Closed) delete

posted 5 years ago in Technology
Post # 3
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Well, I’ve gone through my Timeline posts since 2009 and found nothing of the sort.  My husband and several friends have done the same and come up with nothing.

Post # 4
12833 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

This actually isn’t the case.   There have been no credible reports of this happening (according to news reports and Facebook itself).  Those are actually older wall posts you probably forgot about.  I found this article to have an interesting point – if you can “like” or “comment” on the post, it was never a PM.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/25/tech/social-media/facebook-private-messages/index.html

Post # 5
2065 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Yeah I’ve been hearing about this for like a week now and haven’t seen anything out of the ordinary. I went back through EVERYTHING from when I joined back in 2005 (oh god I’m old) to the present and…nothing.

Post # 6
347 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I heard a couple days ago that this was false and that it didn’t actually happen. I also checked my timeline and didn’t see anything out of the ordinary.

Post # 7
1856 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@abbie017:  THIS. I am so sick of hearing about this when it’s just not true. Part of what a lot of tech companies are saying is that in fact, people just used to be less careful about their online privacy and posted all kinds of stupid things on each other’s walls.

Post # 9
12833 posts
Honey Beekeeper

@MrsGrayIndy:  Right, it’s a wall post.  Seriously.  You may not remember it, but it’s a wall post.  Writing  your timeline is now the same as a wall post.  So really, 138 people wrote on your wall, and your sister’s came up first.  I’m not following how saying 138 wrote on your timeline helps your argument that it’s a PM.

Post # 10
2874 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@MrsGrayIndy:  and fb is totally denying it right?! i checked mine and i cant find the messages im worried about, but some are definitely on there

Post # 11
5296 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 1993

this is completely false. 

Post # 12
915 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@newname_99:  Facebook is denying it because they didn’t do it. Nothing changed.

Post # 14
12833 posts
Honey Beekeeper

@MrsGrayIndy:  I reread all the responses, and don’t see any attacks… 

Post # 15
9917 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

Attacks?

The topic ‘delete’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors