- 7 years ago
- Wedding: October 2011
One of my FB “friends” posted this on her wall. I haven’t done a survey since the days of myspace so I figured it could be somewhat entertaining for the Bee. It was originally a “wedding day” survey but since myself as well as tons of Bees are engaged, I tweaked the questions to work both ways…
1) When was/is your wedding day? October 7th, 2011
2) What day of the week was/is it? Friday
3) Did/Will you get married in a church? Nope. On the resorts lawn overlooking the lake.
4) How many in your wedding party? 11 people including us. 3 bridesmaids, 3 groomsmen, 2 ushers and 1 ring bearer
5) Where was/is your reception? Fort William Henry in Lake George, NY
6) How many guests were/are invited to your wedding? 85ish
7) How long did/will you wait to tie the knot after your proposal? 16 months.
8) Did/Will you have a DJ or a band? DJ.
9) Did/Will your father walk you down the aisle? Yep.
10) What were/are your wedding colors? Burnt orange and chocolate brown with rust red, plum and leaf green accents.
11) What was your total wedding budget? Did you stick to it? Our budget was $10K but we’re hovering right around the $12K mark right now ($16K including the honeymoon).
12) Did/Are you write(ing) your own vows? I’m hoping to not only write our own vows but also the entire ceremony. If its legally binding (finding the laws for NY has not been easy), we’re going to ask my cousin to get ordained to perform our ceremony. I love the idea of really personalizing the whole thing by writing it ourselves.
13) Did/Will you have a Bridal Shower? Yep and I am really looking forward to it. I wanted something casual and that didn’t cost my girls a ton of money so we’ll be having it in my aunts backyard. Our theme is “nauseatingly pink”. Pinks my favorite color but having a fall wedding doesn’t really allow us to use that the color in our decor, therefore my shower will be nothing but pink!
14) What type of limo did/will you get? None. All of our wedding festivities are at the same location.
15) Where did/will you go for your Bachelorette Party? This hasn’t been decided yet but I’d really love to go to a Broadway show in NYC (we live 3.5 hours north). I have a feeling its going to be too expensive so we may go to a show at one of our local theaters and go out for a nice dinner and drinks. My days of wild nights are behind me.
16) What type of wedding gown and tux did/will you two wear? Neither of us have gotten our wedding day attire yet but Fiance and his guys will be wearing dark brown suits and I’m leaning towards this dress…
17) How was the weather? I’m hoping its good. Perfect weather would be sunny skies and a cool 65 degrees.
18) Where did/are you go(ing) on your Honeymoon? Bermuda.
19) If married, what was your favorite part of your wedding day? If engaged, what is your favorite element of your big day? Probably our DIY photo-booth but the cake is a close second.
20) If married, whats the funniest thing you remember from the day? If engaged, whats your favorite part of the engagement experience? Cake tasting, hands down!
21) How long have you been married? If not yet married, how long will you have been together on your wedding day? 6.5 years.