(Closed) feb 2011 honeymoon ideas?

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
271 posts
Helper bee

If you’re after summer heat, it’s the height of summer down under and in the surrounding islands like Fiji/pacific islands. If you’re after winter, (like us!) you could try Europe, we’re leaving our NZ summer and hoping to get some massive discounts in off-peak France…

Post # 4
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

Im a Feb 2011 bride too! yay! we havent booked yet either but i figure if we book by november we will be good. We usually do a trip in march every year so this is nothing new for us. We want warm so we are thinking costa rica or somewhere way south in the caribbean 🙂

Post # 5
11 posts
Newbee

I’m a Feb 2011 briday too!  You girls are making me feel much better because we haven’t booked our honeymoon yet either.  We are looking at Europe as there are some great deals.  I’ve been looking at Travel Zoo and they have some great looking packages!

Post # 6
617 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I’m not a February bride but I just booked our honeymoon last Friday to St Lucia!  We are staying at Sandals for 10 days.  People I know that have gone there love it!  With you being so close to Hawaii is that an option?

Post # 10
11327 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Hey!

I think that a lot of it depends on your budget. We just booked our honeymoon yesterday (yay!) and it took us a while because we weren’t finding what we wanted (relaxing awesome beach vacay at a 4+ star resort) for what we wanted to pay ($3,000). 

First we wanted to go to Hawaii, but if we went there I really wanted to go to Kauai vs. the other islands… and it was way too expensive (i thought). Especially when you factor in that you really need a car to get around the islands and food there is also pricey. 

We looked in the Caribbean but I didn’t want to do somewhere that everyone does (bahamas, dominican republic, aruba, jamaica) and I couldn’t find anything in our price range anywhere else. 

Then we looked at Costa Rica– LOVED the Hilton Papagayo and it was our front-runner… but it was a little over budget at $3500 for two people (round trip airfare, 6 nights at the all inclusive), and we’d still have to pay for excursions which we were sure would be another 500 at least. 

Then yesterday I happened across an amazing deal on Kauai! We’ll be staying at the Westin Princeville (4 star resort) on the north side of Kauai. Including 6 nights, round trip airfare, and a car for our entire stay, we are only paying $2400!!! Incredible deal. What makes it even better is that all Westin Princeville rooms have a full kitchen and washer/dryer… so we’ll save a ton of money on eating because we can eat in the room for some of our meals and not be forced to have $25 breakfasts. We figure that we’ll still probably go over our $3000 budget when we factor in excursions… but so much of Kauai is beautiful nature trails that we’ll probably spend a lot of time driving around and hiking, which is free! I figure we’ll end up at about $3500 for the trip total, and I am a-ok with that. 🙂

Post # 11
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@desert-bride-to-be: im actually starting to like the idea of a february wedding. We orignially wanted march or april but i have a brother in the marine corps and he goes to afghanistan early march so i wanted to do it before he left. but im falling more and more in love with the idea of a winter wedding.

on to honeymoon stuff: we have checked out a couple places online, and we think we can get away with a week to 10 days for around 4 grand MAX. but we want all inclusive so i expect it to be a little bit more expensive. we are hoping to spend no more than 4 but we will see….i love the idea of costa rica because i hear its incredibly cheap once you get there not to mention its breathtaking. Rainforest, volcanos, hot springs, and beautiful beaches. cant beat that! now im no nature lover or adventurist but im not scared to get out there, we are both really looking forward to a hike up the volcano to see the lava coming down and jumping in the hot spring and checking out waterfalls. but more than anything i think we both want to zip line through the jungle! i was also told not to miss the cloud forests..not sure what it is but it sounds exciting and romantic.

I have looked and looked online but i dont want to book anything without talking to a travel agent first, i want to be albe to have all options out in front of me before booking anything. FH and I have taken several out of country trips over the course of dating so we have some experience in this. ill post some options as i come across them!

Post # 14
11327 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@desert-bride-to-be: we used expedia.com. have you considered Mexico? We didn’t because we were just there last year, but with you being in Cali you might be able to get some really cheap deals bc airfare should be cheap. We went to Puerto Vallarta and LOVED it. We stayed at the Dreams Puerto Vallarta for 6 nights, round trip airfare from Ohio, all-inclusive, and it was $1800 (might be a little more now bc we went during the swine flu panic– we are unafraid lol). It was an AMAZING resort and I would definitely go back there. The food was good, we got a free upgrade (for no particular reason)… definitely worth looking into and a little more budget-friendly 🙂 And we used travelocity to book that trip. 

Post # 16
11327 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@desert-bride-to-be: lol well it helped that our resort had a “swine flu guarantee”– if either of us had gotten it within 1 month of our stay we would have been given 3 free vacations for 2 comparable to what we paid for the first time. Honestly seemed like a win/win! haha. I know there are a lot of bad things happening in Mexico but they’re really not that new. PV is very safe it seems. Just do your research!

The topic ‘feb 2011 honeymoon ideas?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors